Law against Vitiating in Public!!

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Calahand

Re: Law against Vitiating in Public!!

Post by Calahand »

Phra Chuntawongso wrote:
lol yeah how do you know who passed gas? These people need to re-evaluate their qualifications for making laws. They need to set up literacy standards for leaders worldwide, that way atleast we will have relatively sane people running countries.
What an interesting thought.Relatively sane politicians.Could be worth a try.he he.
lol, maybe in a 100 years. :namaste:
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Gee, you all made me laugh! :lol:

It's of course a ridiculous law to pass, because you never know "whodunnit".

At least here.

What about Malawi?

It may be a sport there to fart melodies, who knows?? :smile:

It's sometimes a mild tease here to produce an impressive, melodic burp! ;)

Of course that is a NO GO in most circles, but I knew somebody who was a master at it and never failed to make people :rofl:

Perhaps in Malawi farting is a common thing amongst uneducated, simple folks on the streets, and this suggestion aims at bringing a bit more mindfulness to them.

I mean, this is Africa!

What do you expect?

Here is a bit of Info about Malawi, to show it can hardly satisfy Western expectations, and why should it? !
Malawi is among the world's least developed and most densely populated countries. The economy is heavily based in agriculture, with a largely rural population. The Malawian government depends heavily on outside aid to meet development needs, although this need (and the aid offered) has decreased since 2000. The Malawian government faces challenges in growing the economy, improving education, health care and the environmental protection and becoming financially independent. Malawi has several programs developed since 2005 that focus on these issues, and the country's outlook appears to be improving, with improvements in economic growth, education and healthcare seen in 2007 and 2008.

Malawi has a low life expectancy and high infant mortality. There is a high prevalence of HIV/AIDS, which is a drain on the labor force and government expenditures, and is expected to have a significant impact on gross domestic product (GDP) by 2010. There is a diverse population of native peoples, Asians and Europeans, with several languages spoken and an array of religious beliefs. Although there was tribal conflict in the past, by 2008 it had diminished considerably and the concept of a Malawian nationality had begun to form. Malawi has a culture combining native and colonial aspects, including sports, art, dance and music.
lol no offense, but why shouldn't we assume moral high ground when we clearly know we have it. No one is torturing people here if they choose to not watch naked women to masturbate, or when they choose to not wear burkas, or when they choose to be eccentric. It is not true of muslim nations and nations that impose these ridiculous laws on their public.
Oh come on, forgive me a little bit of passion here, but this is ß%&§$.

America has capital punishment.

America had Guantanamo and waterboarding and violent police.

Iraq...

Need I continue?

And there is more...

It is of course easier to feel outraged about other traditions, and harder, to truly get to know them.

My own contact with Muslims has helped me understand their tradition a bit better. I even changed the way I dress.

ALL countries and nations have good and bad traditions. :anjali:
Calahand

Post by Calahand »

Annapurna wrote: Oh come on, forgive me a little bit of passion here, but this is ß%&§$.

America has capital punishment.

America had Guantanamo and waterboarding and violent police.

Iraq...

Need I continue?

And there is more...

It is of course easier to feel outraged about other traditions, and harder, to truly get to know them.

My own contact with Muslims has helped me understand their tradition a bit better. I even changed the way I dress.

ALL countries and nations have good and bad traditions. :anjali:
It seems, you won't understand what I am saying until you live in countries like Saudi arabia where your basic liberties are taken away from you :popcorn: .
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

I am indeed quite happy with the way of life I was born into and am sure it is a part of my kamma.

:smile:

But it's not about me anyways.

My point is that we let other people live out their traditions, in the absence of arrogance and develop more understanding for their way of life.

Mutual tolerance, if you will.

:anjali:
Calahand

Post by Calahand »

Annapurna wrote:I am indeed quite happy with the way of life I was born into and am sure it is a part of my kamma.

My point is that we let other people live out their traditions, in the absence of arrogance and develop more understanding for their way of life.

Sometimes its not wise to tolerate stupidity.
anyway, there is no point in discussing this further.

much metta :namaste:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Annapurna wrote:I am indeed quite happy with the way of life I was born into and am sure it is a part of my kamma.

It has nothing to do with a ''tradition'' ''tolerance'' or a ''way of life''. It is a politician sounding off - and we are aware from our own countries that not all make intelligent remarks.

''However, he was directly contradicted by Solicitor General Anthony Kamanga, who says the reference to "fouling the air" means pollution."How any reasonable or sensible person can construe the provision to criminalising farting in public is beyond me," he said, adding that the prohibition contained in the new law has been in place since 1929.
The Local Courts Bill, to be introduced next week reads: "Any person who vitiates the atmosphere in any place so as to make it noxious to the public to the health of persons in general dwelling or carrying on business in the neighbourhood or passing along a public way shall be guilty of a misdemeanour."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12363852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
octathlon

Post by octathlon »

Sometimes it may be difficult to comply with the law, but fortunately there is a product to help.

Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Calahand wrote:

Sometimes its not wise to tolerate stupidity.
anyway, there is no point in discussing this further.

much metta :namaste:

Would you like to wipe Islam off the face of this earth then becuase it is too stupid for you?

Yes?

?
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

cooran wrote:

It has nothing to do with a ''tradition'' ''tolerance'' or a ''way of life''. It is a politician sounding off - and we are aware from our own countries that not all make intelligent remarks.

''However, he was directly contradicted by Solicitor General Anthony Kamanga, who says the reference to "fouling the air" means pollution."How any reasonable or sensible person can construe the provision to criminalising farting in public is beyond me," he said, adding that the prohibition contained in the new law has been in place since 1929.
The Local Courts Bill, to be introduced next week reads: "Any person who vitiates the atmosphere in any place so as to make it noxious to the public to the health of persons in general dwelling or carrying on business in the neighbourhood or passing along a public way shall be guilty of a misdemeanour."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12363852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with metta
Chris
It has nothing to do with a ''tradition'' ''tolerance'' or a ''way of life''.
Oh, I think it has everything to do with other cultures and traditions! As I explained in my previous posts!

Poor illiterate farmers in a developing land tend to fart without thinking much about it, much to the displeasure of educated politicians in a fine frock. They don't have the type of manners that is standard in the West or in fine circles.

That's just what they do, and I bet if we visited there, it would annoy us just as much as the Politician and we would sound off too.

We would get upset about how they fart around and foul the air and why they can't pass wind in a toilet.

Just as we comment upon stupid remarks here ...

But that's just my opinion and nobody has to share it.

Goofaholix

Post by Goofaholix »

I think I would like to sit my next meditation retreat in Malawi.
Pronouns (no self / not self)
“Peace is within oneself to be found in the same place as agitation and suffering. It is not found in a forest or on a hilltop, nor is it given by a teacher. Where you experience suffering, you can also find freedom from suffering. Trying to run away from suffering is actually to run toward it.”
― Ajahn Chah
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

:rofl:
Calahand

Post by Calahand »

Annapurna wrote:
Would you like to wipe Islam off the face of this earth then becuase it is too stupid for you?

Yes?

?
lol , i guess i can't help but respond to this question.

Well- what do you mean by wiping islam off the face of this earth? do you mean harming muslims physically or emotionally? Then No, ofcourse not.

Do you mean wiping islam off the face of the earth like changing their thinking?--> change their thinking in such a way that they wouldn't perform honor killings or wouldn't put people to death for opposing islam?, do you make wiping islam= making islam more tolerant towards others? then yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDqZJjfVfrk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; look at this segment, the muslim people are not the problem! the problem is their extremist thinking... I hope you get my point.
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Annapurna wrote:

Yes?

?
Yes.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

You have a problem.
bodom

Post by bodom »

This thread has gone as far as it is going to go.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB