Upcoming Events

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

Upcoming Events

Postby Glenn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:26 am

I didn't see this posted before, so forgive me if the subject has already been discussed.

How about an events section where one can post an upcoming talk or retreat or course.
Glenn

Re: Upcoming Events

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:34 am

Greetings Glenn,

At least one has been posted in the Theravada For The Modern World forum... it seems to me a logical place for such listings.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Glenn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:33 pm

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Glenn,

At least one has been posted in the Theravada For The Modern World forum... it seems to me a logical place for such listings.

Metta,

Thank you for the reply. I did see that post, however, Chris posted some info at the end of this post in the General section that may be of interest to others. Perhaps having one area to post events, etc. would be easier to see. It's just a thought.

Metta
Glenn

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:30 pm

Greetings Glenn,

Thanks for the comments.

Generally speaking, we're trying to avoid the creation of additional forums and sub-forums that will only: 1) be sparsely used, 2) spread topics out. For the most part, unless there's subject matter which for some reason cannot be adequately discussed within the existing forums, we're hesitant to create more.

One possibility is for us to create a pinned "Upcoming events" topic as has been done elsewhere, but I think it actually does more justice to the event to post it as a separate topic because then the heading can give some indication about what the event is, and thereby better attract the attention of those who may be interested in it.

Metta,
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box