Vipassana Experience

Discussion of Satipatthana bhavanā and Vipassana bhavana.
ansdkant
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Vipassana Experience

Postby ansdkant » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:08 pm

My experiences

One day as I was watching my minds, I found out minds are coming one after another. In fact, at that point, no past or future is existed. It’s just a matter of knowing it come and go. Nothing we can do nor control.

After then, I noticed every mind has their unique quality, but they also have some few common functions. When we think the properties of liquids such as coffee, tea, whisky, they all have different tastes, colors according to their ingredients and their ratio. But they all still have same liquid properties.

As I watched them so closely, found that all their unique quality (happiness, light happiness, calmness, distractions) were just a composition of their ingredients of varying degree. After 3 or 4 seconds later, I noticed there also a common quality in all mind(there might be more than one). That is only happening just before the disappearing the mind. It never happened at the start or middle part of a mind. I also looked for whether it is happening somewhere else, but it always happen just before the end of every mind.

At first, I was so wondering what is it and what it is doing. Then suddenly found out that one is initiating/calling to become a next mind. Amazing!!! It strength is so big and can able to ignite to happen the next mind. Once I noticed that process, the next mind automatically watched that process, and then suddenly I lost everything.

I lost a fraction of a second or it may last not more than 2 or 3 seconds. All the steps I mentioned above happening within 10 to 15 seconds I think.

Once I remember back, it was shock and feel very satisfy. And gradually, understood the followings in later days;

1) This is the place/event that can’t compare any happiness, peacefulness that I experienced before. All the happiness/peacefulness I experienced before have their roots of cause. But that one has no cause. It’s peaceful because of it is peaceful. I can’t find the reasons for it.

2) Already get rid of belief in TIME, that we used to say in everyday life. TIME is just a matter of happening of consecutive minds, nothing more than that. If they are not coming one after another as usual, how can we say about it? Nothing left to say. TIME is not a reality. It’s just a consequence of happening consecutive minds.

3) Someone can go there depending of how smart he is for his Samadi and Sila.

Something I want to share with you

I do watching minds, movements, feelings, sensations as soon as there I got chances. Knowing those things are quite interesting and don’t want to miss them all. But I lost a lot every day and trying again and again. It’s not an easy job but a good job and I can't stop it.

I followed Mahasi way that mentioned just to watch what is happening in your mind/body. If we do it non-stop (just to watch them as it is happening, it would be slow or fast) for some hours, it is quite obvious. Do not make conclusion whatever you find on your way.

There is one common mistake for us that we have belief in thinking/considering/making-conclusion could solve our problems. It’s not true in here. Thinking/considering/making-conclusions are just the processes/aspects of mind that able to do a lot of functions we can't notice easily. Do not forget, in here, we are trying to understand the mechanism of mind, not be involving to be part of it.

If you are so addicted in thinking/considering, please drop them just for that period of mediation.

With Myitta
Ansdkant

ajahndoe
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Re: Vipassana Experience

Postby ajahndoe » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Well done. :smile:

Return to “Insight Meditation”