[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Dhamma Wheel • View topic - My Abbot is ill-please send metta

My Abbot is ill-please send metta

Includes our Terms Of Service (please read first)

My Abbot is ill-please send metta

Postby Phra Chuntawongso » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 am

If I have posted this in the wrong place then can the mods please move it.
My Abbot, Ajahn Dr. Apisit is ill, in hospital in Chaing Mai.
He has been hospitalized for a couple of months now suffering from Hep B and his kidney is shot due to taking parecetamol, before being diagnosed.
Tomorrow morning(March 1) at 7:00 am many of the Ajahns from the Fang area will be coming to the temple here to chant for Dr. Apisits health.
I would ask that perhaps you too could send metta to Dr. Apisit.
Thank you,
With metta,
Phra Greg
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Phra Chuntawongso

Re: My Abbot is ill-please send metta

Postby mikenz66 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:16 am

:anjali:
mikenz66

Postby plwk » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:57 am

Bhikkhus, if you develop and make much this one thing,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.
What is it? It is recollecting the Enlightened One.
If this single thing is recollected and made much,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.

Anguttara-Nikaya: Ekanipata: Ekadhammapali: Pañhamavagga
VSM VMM WBB TBHT WTBT My Page
plwk

Postby PeterB » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:33 pm

PeterB

Postby Annapurna » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:38 pm

My best wishes for your Abbot, Phra Greg.

http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby Vepacitta » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:56 pm

How is the Venerable Abbot doing?

With metta,

V.
I'm your friendly, neighbourhood Asura
Vepacitta

Postby Khalil Bodhi » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Maha-karuna!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

Uposatha Observance Club:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=148031379279&v=info
Kiva-Theravada Buddhists:http://www.kiva.org/team/theravada_buddhists
Dana on the Interwebs:
http://greatergood.com
http://freerice.com
Khalil Bodhi

Postby Aloka » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:21 pm

sending metta
Aloka

Postby Ben » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:14 pm

consider it done, Bhante.
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia
e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby cooran » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Is there any news yet Bhante?

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby zavk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 am

Will keep your abbot in my thoughts, Bhante.
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Postby Phra Chuntawongso » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:29 am

Hi everyone. Thankyou for your kind thoughts.
Dr Apisit remains ill in hosital, but is starting to feel a little better.
I think we will be without him here at the temple for a while yet.
Sorry I have been away for so long, but have just been getting in some practice.
With metta,
Phra Greg
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Phra Chuntawongso

Postby retrofuturist » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:05 am

Greetings bhante,

Phra Chuntawongso wrote:Sorry I have been away for so long, but have just been getting in some practice.

That's nothing to be sorry about - it's good to hear.

Good to hear also your abbot is slowly on the mend.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Announcements