The Buddha Chat diaspora.

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
thecap

Re: The Buddha Chat diaspora.

Post by thecap »

Friends, you're all welcome to join http://buddhaforum.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:namaste:
BubbaBuddhist

Post by BubbaBuddhist »

Gosh, everyone has started their own dhamma group. Maybe I should start one. Membership limited only to people who gree with everything I say. Both of you. :lol:

J
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?
thecap

Post by thecap »

Bubbabuddhist wrote:Gosh, everyone has started their own dhamma group. Maybe I should start one. Membership limited only to people who gree with everything I say. Both of you. :lol:

J
Dear friend, with respect - most of them are either sectarian (like DW, ZFI), or they are cliquey and thus not very newcomer-friendly.

So there is no real alternative to the big grey forum.

That said, BuddhaForum.org supports our brothers and sisters in the Dhamma here and at BWB.

The only requirement is Right Speech. You're very welcome to join and to help out with your Dhamma skills.

:namaste:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Thecap,

Further to your response to BubbaBuddhist's question...

I'm wondering, from your perspective what differentiates the scope or intention of your new forum, from an established forum like New Buddhist which Fede referred to above? They seem very similar in intent to me, and in many respects the New Buddhist site actually seems less sectarian in that it doesn't have separate forums for the various sects. Interesting to note that New Buddhist seems to be running quite successfully, so there is indeed an audience for that kind of offering... a good sign for your site.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Journey

Post by Journey »

Bubbabuddhist wrote:Gosh, everyone has started their own dhamma group. Maybe I should start one. Membership limited only to people who gree with everything I say. Both of you. :lol:

J
:rofl:
Slothrop

Reciprocal link exchange

Post by Slothrop »

Hello mods. If you have any interest, I can post your website banner on my site, http://www.BYOBuddha.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, in order to increase traffic on your site. In exchange you can follow the instructions on my website to post my banner on yours. If your not interested, that's fine. Just let me know. Talk to you later.
termite

Re: Reciprocal link exchange

Post by termite »

Are you sure this isn't to increase the traffic to your site? :)
Karunika

Post by Karunika »

edharma seems like a Buddhist YouTube site that started up in March of 2009.
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Karunika wrote:edharma
Good one...thank you Karunika...