Buddhism for Parents

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

Buddhism for Parents

Postby wizi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:24 am

Some of my fellow meditators are parents of very young children and they wanna know if there could be a place for discussion for parents on this forum? The aim would be to discuss their difficulties in parenting in the light of their buddhist meditation practice. Is there such a space already? I just had a look around and didn't see any.. but would be delighted if the admin can point that out if it's already available. Tx! :anjali:
All beings like yourself are responsible for their own actions. Suffering or happiness is created through one's relationship to experience, not by experience itself. Although I wish only the best for you, I know that your happiness or unhappiness depends on your actions, not on my wishes for you.
May you not be caught in reactivity.
wizi

Re: Buddhism for Parents

Postby retrofuturist » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:43 am

Greetings Wizi,

I would recommend the Theravada For The Modern World forum.

See for example, the following topics...

Buddhism for the 21st Century Parent
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3301

Attachment and my new baby daughter
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1622

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box