Pulling for Individual...

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Reductor

Re: Pulling for Individual...

Post by Reductor »

His was a hard life. Now a hard end. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

In spite of his troubles, I found many of his posts sharp and insightful.

Good bye Alex.
adeh

Post by adeh »

Sad news...may he have a fortunate rebirth.
cooran

Post by cooran »

May he have happiness and the Causes of happiness
May he have a fortunate rebirth and access to the Dhamma.
:anjali:
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
phil

Post by phil »

I will echo Cooran: "May he have a fortunate rebirth and access to Dhamma."
Kammalakkhano , bhikkhave, bālo, kammalakkhano pandito, apadānasobhanī paññāti
(The fool is characterized by his/her actions/the wise one is characterized by his/her actions/Wisdom shines forth in behaviour.)
(AN 3.2 Lakkhana Sutta)
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Bit of a shock

Very sad news
“The teacher willed that this world appear to me
as impermanent, unstable, insubstantial.
Mind, let me leap into the victor’s teaching,
carry me over the great flood, so hard to pass.”
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

William was very different and he was somebody how really had drunken the Dhamma.
A very special being and I would wonder if his time here wouldn't have pushed him real high, nothing to worry about him. May it, that his parents had participate on the realizations he had a little, as this was his biggest wish.

What would he had say here? Thanks!

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1752/1003243.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Beginning Is the End

When we're born we're already dead, you know. Aging and death are the same thing. It's like a tree. Part of it's the base; part of it's the end at the tip. When there's a base, there's an end. When there's an end, there's a base. When there's no base, there's no end. When there's an end, there has to be a base. An end without a base: That can't be. That's how it is.
So it's kind of amusing. When a person dies, we're sad and upset. We sit and cry, grieving — all kinds of things. That's delusion. It's delusion, you know. When a person dies we sob and cry. That's the way it's been since who knows when. We don't stop to examine this carefully. Actually — and excuse me for saying this — it appears to me that if you're going to cry when a person dies, it'd be better to cry when a person is born. But we have it all backwards. When a child is born, people beam and laugh from happiness. But actually birth is death. Death is birth. The beginning is the end; the end is the beginning.

by Ajahn Chah
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

The Beginning Is the End

When we're born we're already dead, you know. Aging and death are the same thing. It's like a tree. Part of it's the base; part of it's the end at the tip. When there's a base, there's an end. When there's an end, there's a base. When there's no base, there's no end. When there's an end, there has to be a base. An end without a base: That can't be. That's how it is.
So it's kind of amusing. When a person dies, we're sad and upset. We sit and cry, grieving — all kinds of things. That's delusion. It's delusion, you know. When a person dies we sob and cry. That's the way it's been since who knows when. We don't stop to examine this carefully. Actually — and excuse me for saying this — it appears to me that if you're going to cry when a person dies, it'd be better to cry when a person is born. But we have it all backwards. When a child is born, people beam and laugh from happiness. But actually birth is death. Death is birth. The beginning is the end; the end is the beginning.

by Ajahn Chah
:goodpost:
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
plwk

Post by plwk »

kirtu

Post by kirtu »

May our friend Individual have a happy rebirth, connect with the Dhamma at birth, attain perfect liberation and by his example and emmulation of our Teacher Shakyamuni, guide numberless beings to the further shore.

May Individual's family remember him with love and may they be comforted in their sorrow, May they be filled with joy and love at his memeory in the coming years. May all errors be forgiven and may all virtues be rejoiced in. May Individual's memory be a wave of goodness to bring happiness and joy to everyone.

:namaste:
Phra Chuntawongso

Post by Phra Chuntawongso »

My thoughts go out to Individuals family at this time.
May the power of the Triple Gem sustain you all at this time.
With metta, Phra Greg
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

Definitely a tragedy. Fare thee well brother Alex.
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
starter

Post by starter »

Hello Individual/Alex,

I've been wondering why there aren't your posts anymore and I was thinking you might have gone to a long retreat ... Last night around New York time 7-8pm I was thinking about you after seeing your name on the website ...

You had been one of my earliest friends in this "sanga" who have been very helpful to my Dhamma practice. I'll certainly miss you ...

By your faith in the three gems and the good Dhamma practice and good kamma you've accumulated, I believe you'll have a more conducive place for your Dhamma practice. And no matter where you are, I believe you are independent enough of the outer circumstances to develop your mind, as you wisely advised me in November later year:

"Lastly, the conducive conditions are something you create in your mind. If you are too dependent on outer circumstances, you won't find freedom. Because everywhere you go, it is still just Samsara."

"He (the Buddha) also said:
"Monks, be islands unto yourselves,[1] be your own refuge, having no other; let the Dhamma be an island and a refuge to you, having no other. Those who are islands unto themselves... should investigate to the very heart of things:[2] 'What is the source of sorrow, lamentation, pain, grief and despair? How do they arise?'" --http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .wlsh.html

Again, "be your own refuge, having no other; let the Dhamma be an island and a refuge to you, having no other." -- This is my prayer to you.

Starter
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

I am shocked. He was much too young and his death is most untimely. Such is life, I suppose. Samsara sucks.

Sabbe sankhara anicca :anjali:
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

I am shocked to hear the passing of Individual. First Jcsuperstar and now Individual, I knew neither of them but I'm still shaken up. I transfer all my merit to them. May they remain in peace and serenity.
"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka
Prasadachitta

Post by Prasadachitta »

I am sad to hear. He was so energetic and motivated to explore the life he had. I am glad to have known him and may he find peace wisdom and compassion.

May we all continue to pull for him.

Metta everyone

Gabe
"Beautifully taught is the Lord's Dhamma, immediately apparent, timeless, of the nature of a personal invitation, progressive, to be attained by the wise, each for himself." Anguttara Nikaya V.332