YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Bangkok Post Writer's endless acidity - Page 2 - Dhamma Wheel

Bangkok Post Writer's endless acidity

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
pink_trike

Re: Bangkok Post Writer's endless acidity

Postby pink_trike » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:31 am

Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.

pink_trike

Postby pink_trike » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:16 am

Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.

nathan

Postby nathan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:37 am

I think everyone who has posted has contributed valuable perspective to the discussion. I plan on going very soon. Look forward to positive experiences and in terms of negative ones forewarned is forearmed so much thanks all. Sad to hear Laos is unfavorable, I hear it is quite beautiful. How about ordination in Sri Lanka? Still good? Worked out well for many westerners in the past. I am more confident of finding a one of the better kinds of circumstances in Thailand thanks to much online support. I think the potential for good training with virtuous and competent teachers still looks positive and even more approachable now.

metta Thailand, all
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}

pink_trike

Postby pink_trike » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 am

One of my teachers highly recommended Myanmar, although I'm not sure why he said that...I didn't think such a thing was possible for Westerners there.
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Return to “General Theravāda discussion”