Bad hair days

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Pacific

Re: Bad hair days

Post by Pacific »

cooran wrote:Maybe I worked in hospitals too long ¬ but when I see a shaved head on someone not in the robes of a bhikkhu/bhikkhuni, I assume they're Chemotherapy patients.
... so many people with cancer on the train this morning
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

daverupa wrote:
andre9999 wrote:
seanpdx wrote:I never got my t-shirt. =(
Don't cling to the Buddhist t-shirt... it'll only cause suffering.
Don't cling, use the eightfold dryer sheet?
+1 :twothumbsup:
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
seanpdx

Post by seanpdx »

Monkey Mind wrote:
seanpdx wrote:I never got my t-shirt. =(
Are you registered? Are you a card-carrying Buddhist? :jumping:
Wait... there's a card, too?! I never got my t-shirt OR my card!
Aaaugh! I feel so... hindered. *ahem* :tongue:
octobersun79

Post by octobersun79 »

Not sure what all the t-shirt comments are about, but i didnt get one either.. :cry:

Thanks for the positive comments :twothumbsup:
pedro1985

Post by pedro1985 »

Why not go the middle way... Instead of completely bald you can shave your hair down to about 1 centimeter. Its convienent, never have to spend time doing your hair, because its still to short to groom it, you dont look bald, and you never have to spend money at the barberer. Buy an eletronic shaver for 10 euros and you're done. =)

Since 3 months have maintained my hair at this length now. I can tell you it's a great haircut. :woohoo:
David2

Post by David2 »

pedro1985 wrote:Why not go the middle way... Instead of completely bald you can shave your hair down to about 1 centimeter. Its convienent, never have to spend time doing your hair, because its still to short to groom it, you dont look bald, and you never have to spend money at the barberer. Buy an eletronic shaver for 10 euros and you're done. =)

Since 3 months have maintained my hair at this length now. I can tell you it's a great haircut. :woohoo:
This is the same way I am doing it since a month... one of the best choices I've ever made.
It is good to be male so it is common to have short hair so not everybody will ask you questions...