Volunteer Illustrator needed

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
pilgrim

Volunteer Illustrator needed

Post by pilgrim »

Hi, I'm looking for someone to assist in designing a logo for a new Buddhist society. The elements of the logo have generally been decided. Just need someone with knowledge of Illustrator or similar software to visualise it and put it together in a professional form. If you would like to assist as your dana, pls pm me.
Wizard in the Forest

Re: Volunteer Illustrator needed

Post by Wizard in the Forest »

I might be able to help, or might not be able to help but what is it that you would like?

Name your specs so that the artists can get an idea of whether they can do your illustration or not. For example, I can do drawings and alter text, but I am terrible with drawing cars. So tell us what you want first so those who are artists can all get a chance to contribute. :anjali:
"One is not born a woman, but becomes one."- Simone de Beauvoir
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

The logo would comprise:
1. a 8 spoke wheel ( dhammacakka) without the knobs on the periphery
2. a roaring lion in front of the wheel
3. the words Dhamma Aid Society, Malaysia
Preference is to have a clean and neat black/white logo like the link ( so that it won't look like a motorcycle gang logo, given the elements) but may be flexible if there are more attractive designs
http://www.globaldesigns.com/Logos-1cf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

Hi , I received a couple of responses already. That was fast..
I think it is adequate and I can work with the offers in hand . Thanks for your kind offers. :anjali:
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

Hi ,
I just wish to place on record my thanks and appreciation to Sergio Pernas (sergiopernas) who did a great job on this. And Thanks to Dhamma Wheel. :namaste:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Pilgrim,

Out of interest, if there any chance you could show us the final design?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

Sure....see here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dhamma-Ai ... 6041426102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The lion draws its inspiration from the Maha-Sihanada sutta.
"Sariputta, the Tathagata has these ten Tathagata's powers, possessing which he claims the herd-leader's place, roars his lion's roar in the assemblies, and sets rolling the Wheel of Brahma."