Prayers for SATTVA

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Ben

Re: could you pray or chant for me?

Post by Ben »

Consider it done, Sattva!
Wishing you health and long life.
With metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
octathlon

Post by octathlon »

I will be happy to. :anjali:
May you be well and free from suffering. :heart:
plwk

Post by plwk »

bodom

Post by bodom »

:group: :heart:

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

:heart:
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
cooran

Post by cooran »

May Louise be safe and protected

May Louise be healthy and strong

May Louise be happy of heart and mind

May Louise live with ease and well-being

May Louise be free of mental and physical pain.

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Metta :hug:
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
mlswe

Post by mlswe »

may you be always mindful and may your confidence in the triple gem be strong and supportive whatever the outcome may be, may the outcome be to your benefit

may you be healthy, content, surrounded by reliable support and liberated from dukkha
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Truckloads of Metta ! :heart: :hug:
"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka
sattva

Post by sattva »

Thanks everyone for all the support. I appreciate it so much :heart:

I went to the surgeon's yesterday and the news was worse than expected. I was quite bummed out, although i am in a better frame of mind today. He is concerned about my kidneys which are not working perfectly and he says i have a 50% chance of being on dialysis afterwards, at least temporarilly, and possibly permanently. I had just come from my regular doctor who hadn't seemed all that concerned about the kidney numbers, blaming it on one of my meds and the dye i had to take for the cardio cath. We are lowering the med and he seemed to think that my kidneys would come back, but the heart surgeon says that the operation will stress my kidneys further.

He also wants me to get an MRA (it's like an MRI) on my neck. He thinks the arteries there may be clogged as well. I am scheduled for that on Friday. My insurane company is balking about paying.... We have tentalively scheduled the bypass for June 29th. It is farther away than the cardiologist wanted, but it is what it is. If my arteries in my neck are clogged, that will be done right before the heart. It will take at least 3 hours, maybe more.

Yesterday, i questioned whether i should not get it done. I may die during the operation. I may end up on dialysis. I shutter at the thought. If i don't have the operation, i will probably die soon of a heart attack. They say i have had a silent one in the past which has probably caused all these problems i have been having.

This is my conclusion. If i live and end up on dialysis, i will still be able to practice Buddhism even in a limited form. I cannot choose definite death over a limited existence with the possibily of any continued practice.

i will try to let you all know as much as possible the exact time and expected length of the operation.

Thank you again :anjali:
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Dear Sattava,

I admire your courage. Be as well as you can be.

Mike
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

My heart goes out to you sattva. It cannot be easy to face these problems. Be at peace and recall that all things go their own way.

Karuna!
cooran

Post by cooran »

Dear Louise,

I have a close relative, in his sixties, who had a quadruple bypass in his forties, then, in his fifties, he had a triple bypass, this was followed in later years by four stents, and an angioplasty. He is also diabetic. This man still drives daily, shops, does the washing, volunteers at a charity one day a week, and cares for his elderly mother full-time. He had his initial quadruple bypass over 20 years ago. Keeping in regular touch with your G.P. after the Op is essential and supportive.

With metta :console:
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
bodom

Post by bodom »

A Dhamma talk from Upasika Kee Nanayon that everyone should read:

A Good Dose of Dhamma:
For Meditators When They Are Ill

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai ... ddose.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
fig tree

Post by fig tree »

This is Sattva:
sattva.jpg
sattva.jpg (33.21 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
FIg Tree