shoel

what and Where is Nibbana?

Post by shoel »

Please can you explain me what and where is Nibbana? :bow: :juggling:
retrofuturist

Re: what and Where is Nibbana?

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Shoel,

To clarify, you're interested in nibbana as explained in Abhidhamma?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
plwk

Post by plwk »

http://www.palikanon.com/english/sangaha/chapter_6.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nibbāna however is termed supramundane, and is to be realized by the wisdom of the Four Paths. It becomes an object to the Paths and Fruits, and is called Nibbāna because it is a departure (ni) from cord-like, (vāna) craving.

Nibbāna is onefold according to its intrinsic nature.

According to the way (it is experienced) it is twofold - namely, the element of Nibbāna with the substrata remaining, and the element of Nibbāna without the substrata remaining.

It is threefold according to its different aspects, namely, Void (60), Signless (61), and Longing-free (62).

Great seers who are free from craving declare that Nibbāna is an objective state (63) which is deathless, absolutely endless, non-conditioned (64), and incomparable.

Thus, as fourfold the Tathāgatas reveal the Ultimate Entities-consciousness mental states, matter, and Nibbāna.
See discussion here:
The Puzzle of Nibbana
Nibbana (Pages 353-58)
shoel

Post by shoel »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Shoel,

To clarify, you're interested in nibbana as explained in Abhidhamma?

Metta,
Retro. :)

Abhidhamma is the hardest to learn in BUddhism. but i would like Nibbana to talk haha
shoel

Post by shoel »

plwk wrote:
http://www.palikanon.com/english/sangaha/chapter_6.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nibbāna however is termed supramundane, and is to be realized by the wisdom of the Four Paths. It becomes an object to the Paths and Fruits, and is called Nibbāna because it is a departure (ni) from cord-like, (vāna) craving.

Nibbāna is onefold according to its intrinsic nature.

According to the way (it is experienced) it is twofold - namely, the element of Nibbāna with the substrata remaining, and the element of Nibbāna without the substrata remaining.

It is threefold according to its different aspects, namely, Void (60), Signless (61), and Longing-free (62).

Great seers who are free from craving declare that Nibbāna is an objective state (63) which is deathless, absolutely endless, non-conditioned (64), and incomparable.

Thus, as fourfold the Tathāgatas reveal the Ultimate Entities-consciousness mental states, matter, and Nibbāna.
See discussion here:
The Puzzle of Nibbana
Nibbana (Pages 353-58)

Thank you so m uch for reply,

I want to ask , can you and I see where is NIbbana in the puthujjana stage, or can you/we see nibbana in this stage?
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

shoel wrote:Please can you explain me what and where is Nibbana? :bow: :juggling:
Does not apply!
asking what nibbana is can only be answered in the negative, it is the absence of greed hatred and delusion, no-more becoming, re-becoming....
asking where nibbana is, is like asking where fire is when it goes out! it is in no place, yet visible here and now.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Gena1480

Post by Gena1480 »

Nibbana is freedom
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

Manapa wrote:
shoel wrote:Please can you explain me what and where is Nibbana? :bow: :juggling:
Does not apply!
asking what nibbana is can only be answered in the negative, it is the absence of greed hatred and delusion, no-more becoming, re-becoming....
asking where nibbana is, is like asking where fire is when it goes out! it is in no place, yet visible here and now.
:goodpost:
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.