some suttas

Explore the ancient language of the Tipitaka and Theravāda commentaries

Moderator: Mahavihara moderator

some suttas

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:26 am

here is a link to a PDF I recently finished, with some pali suttas I have had the nerve to render into english!

no professional, or expert pali scholar so any errors you notice, or even if you know of a better manner inwhich to render a word or phrase feel free to let me know.

http://images.manapa.multiply.multiplyc ... =460162322
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Re: some suttas

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 am

oh and here is alittle play around I had with a tibettan text

http://manapa.multiply.com/journal/item ... d_Training
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Re: some suttas

Postby Ytrog » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Are you by any chance using LaTeX?
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.

mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments

If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Ytrog

Return to Pali