Poll: Your sex or gender?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.

What is your sex or gender

Man
71%
Woman
28%
Transgendered
2%

Total votes: 65

chownah

Re: Poll: Your sex or gender?

Post by chownah »

Jhana4 wrote: I agree with David, most of the members of any forum don't feel the need to participate. That fascinates me as my picture of the internet is colored by the people who do post, but the majority of internet users are invisible.
Absolutely.....and if any of you invisibles out there would like to send me a PM expressing your views then please feel free....I'd like to know what you think...you are after all the SILENT MAJORITY.... the popular answer to the Trolly Car thread quandr yseems to be that we should save the largest number of people......and in that spirit I want all you "invisibles" out there to know that I think that you are the most important part of the membership in that you are the largest number of people here!!!! I hope you like my humor....but if you're like the members who post you probably don't.....send me a PM and speak your mind because its a PRIVATE MESSAGE and I don't mind!!!!....be scathing....be patronizing....be stupid and silly....I'll ponder it all.
chownah
chownah

Post by chownah »

I woke up this morning and as soon as I turned my computer I the first thing I did was to look to see how many PM's you invisibles had sent me......I was only slightly disappointed that there were none....I was not in the least surprised though. Having thought about why this is I came up with some ideas.

1. You are worried that I will try to argue with you.
There is a common view that I like to argue...my view is that I like to see unbiased discussions and work hard to help eliminate unneeded bias. You need not worry about an arguement from me especially if you start out your PM with "Please do not reply to this message." If you do this then you can be 100% sure that I will read it and not reply. On the other hand if you were to write "Please reply" you can be 99% sure I will reply.

2. I am boring and you have absolutely no interest in interacting with me at all.
Well I guess since you don't know me personally then it must be my posting which is boring...I guess its sort of mundane and plodding....I guess if I want to interact with you "invisibles" I'll just have to put some EXCITEMENT into my posting style...bring up ideas that are CONTROVERSIAL or RISQUE...maybe I should flirt with the limits of the TOS to see what can be gotten away with....(note to mods....just joking hahahahhaha)

3. You don't type well and so its too much work to reply.
Well, get one of those learn to type games and have at it...eventually you'll get the hang of it.....in the mean time when sending me PM I don't worry about misspellings or typos...if your message is interesting and I'm having a difficult time understanding I'll more or less politely ask for clarification but I will not hurl sarcasm at you for these sorts of things...I'm a terrible spealler mysilf. By the way I will not ask for clarification if you have typed "Do not reply to this message"...since I won't repy.

4. Don't know why you don't send me a PM....why not send me a PM telling me why?

chownah
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Must you be so zany, Chownah?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
chownah

Post by chownah »

retrofuturist wrote:Must you be so zany, Chownah?

Metta,
Retro. :)
Thanks for the comment....the only way your comment would have been better is if it had been PM'd to me from an "invisible". Actually it seems to me that the only part of my post that is "zany" is the last half of idea #2. The reason I used a "zany" voice there was to let people know that if they think I am boring that I will not be crushed by their opinion of my posting...if someone thinks I'm boring then that's fine with me......so I hope that you can see that being "zany" here is for a purpose or at least an intended purpose.

I'm not trying to become the topic of this thread....I'm just trying to get more people involved. One last suggestion as for why I've gotten nothing form them:

5. Maybe you don't know how to send me a PM or just think that doing it is too much work.
Well here is a surprisingly easy way to do it....in every post if you look on the left you will find a button (a thing you click on to do something) which if click it it will open a PM to the person who created the post and coming from you....automatically...one click and you are ready to type in your reply....and it gets even better....the entire contents of the post that you are replying to will automatically appear in your reply...when the widow opens the text is already there... so if you want to refer to it you can and you don't need to do anything for it to appear....its automatic.....if you don't want that text then you can delete it!!

Come on!!! Make an old person happy....send a PM!!!!!
I'm done with this idea for this thread as actually it is off topic and I send a big thankyou to the mod's who have so graciously allowed this discussion here.

If you type "Confidential and Personal" I will never ever tell a soul that you even sent anything to me....guaranteed.

Sincerely,
chownah
Quiet Heart

Post by Quiet Heart »

:juggling:
Gender is male.
Also wanted to see what my new avatar and signature looks like.
:tongue:
In Quietness is the beginning of all things.

When I was younger I used to think I knew all the answers. Now I would be happy to feel I could ask just one intelligent question.
icyteru

Post by icyteru »

man :anjali:
The most complete english tipitaka on the internet world. http://realtruthlife.blogspot.com .