New Global Moderator.... Cooran!

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
retrofuturist

New Global Moderator.... Cooran!

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I'm pleased to announced that Cooran has been appointed as a Global Moderator!

She brings to the team a wealth of skills and knowledge, both as a moderator with extensive experience at E-Sangha, and as a dedicated Theravada practitioner.

As a long standing member and friend of the forum, please make Cooran feel welcome in her new role!

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Sanghamitta

Re: New Global Moderator.... Cooran!

Post by Sanghamitta »

Sadhu ! Sadhu! Sadhu!

You are MOST welcome Cooran !

:anjali:

V.
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.

Bhikku Bodhi.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Congratulations Cooran, you're a valuable addition to the management team!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
plwk

Post by plwk »

And when the Administrator had set the Dhamma Wheel Announcement of the First Female Global Moderator in motion, the Discovering Theravada devas cried out:
"On the Internet Loka, the Administrator has set in motion the unexcelled Dhamma Wheel's First Female Global Moderator that cannot be stopped by the trolls or spambots, deva, Mara or God or anyone in the internet cosmos."

On hearing the Discovering Theravada devas' cry, the devas of the General Theravada took up the cry... the devas of the Classical Theravada... the Ordination devas... the Abhidhamma devas... the Meditation devas... the Dhamma-Free-For-All devas... the devas of the Lounge retinue took up the cry:

"On the Internet Loka, the Administrator has set in motion the unexcelled Dhamma Wheel's First Female Global Moderator that cannot be stopped by trolls or spambots, deva, Mara or God or anyone in the internet cosmos."

All the best Cooran :D
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

:jumping:
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
zavk

Post by zavk »

Oh yeah I just noticed that her name is appearing in green. Thanks for helping out and see you in a few days (transport from airport to hermitage sorted with the alms person for the day)!
With metta,
zavk
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Congratulations, Cooran - and thanks, in advance, for accepting what is often a rather thankless role.

Kim
bodom

Post by bodom »

Congratulations Chris!

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
kirk5a

Post by kirk5a »

Cool!
"When one thing is practiced & pursued, ignorance is abandoned, clear knowing arises, the conceit 'I am' is abandoned, latent tendencies are uprooted, fetters are abandoned. Which one thing? Mindfulness immersed in the body." -AN 1.230
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Thanks for accepting the position!
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Good for us! Congratulations to you!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

A fine, fine choice. I don't think DW could have a better addition to the mod team. Sadhu!
rowyourboat

Post by rowyourboat »

Excellent, very happy about the appointment! :woohoo:

With metta

Matheesha
With Metta

Karuna
Mudita
& Upekkha
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

I'm sorry to break the party here but I think it's a bad move. Cooran was a moderator at e-sangha and I remember those days where I had to tip-toe around her in order not to get censured for everything I said. She was a very bad moderator. She is a good contributor here and not fit to be a moderator given her past. Having said this, I hope that the policy of freedom in this forum continues despite this.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
beeblebrox

Post by beeblebrox »

Welcome, Cooran! I've never been on e-sangha, but I think it's a good choice. Hopefully it works out well.