ZFI

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
retrofuturist

Re: ZFI

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Gregory,

If you've not done so, it might be worth posting your query at the phpBB3 support forum.

Good luck and best wishes with resolving the problems.

:computerproblem:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
LuzdelaLuna

Post by LuzdelaLuna »

There is a very active phpBB support forum here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/index.php You might be able to get help there.
If you can't find the truth right in front of you, where do you expect to find it? - Dogen

blog
LuzdelaLuna

Post by LuzdelaLuna »

I found this running a query for "clear the table". I think it might be what you are looking for.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=263369

Read the second post.
If you can't find the truth right in front of you, where do you expect to find it? - Dogen

blog
Gregory Wonderwheel

Post by Gregory Wonderwheel »

LuzdelaLuna wrote:I found this running a query for "clear the table". I think it might be what you are looking for.

Read the second post.
That seems to be a related issue but not the same issue. I posted a new topic on our issue there. Hopefully someone will have an answer. I never had good luck on my previous question there.

Gregory
'There is this.' And so this, his entry into emptiness, accords with actuality, is undistorted in meaning, pure — superior & unsurpassed. ~ The Minor Discourse on Emptiness
termite

Post by termite »

LuzdelaLuna wrote:I found this running a query for "clear the table". I think it might be what you are looking for.

Read the second post.
That appears to be a PHPBB2 solution for a damaged database. This is just a case of the software doing what it's asked to, a little too well.

Gregory, I emailed you before looking here. No useful suggestions, unfortunately, other than visiting PHPBB, as you've already done.

Your web host could deal with the email problem if they wanted to. :roll:
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

Here's a direct link to where Greg just asked his question over at the phpBB forum. There are no responses, so far...

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1534825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
hrtbeat7

Post by hrtbeat7 »

The site is currently up, as of 11pm PST Friday. As of yet, it's hard to know if the problem has been fixed, since we did get a window last night too before it went back down. If folks keep getting that Admin message via email, it likely means the site will crash again, so we'll see. Thanks to all who have tried to help in this matter!
hrtbeat7

Post by hrtbeat7 »

hrtbeat7 wrote:The site is currently up, as of 11pm PST Friday. As of yet, it's hard to know if the problem has been fixed, since we did get a window last night too before it went back down. If folks keep getting that Admin message via email, it likely means the site will crash again, so we'll see. Thanks to all who have tried to help in this matter!

Well, I just got the PM again, simultaneous with the board crashing again, so I guess we've still got work to do.
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

An excercise in vigorous patience all round I guess.

Hope ot all goes well.

:anjali:

Peter.
hrtbeat7

Post by hrtbeat7 »

PeterB wrote:An excercise in vigorous patience all round I guess.

Hehe, I'm sure most of the members are utilizing this time as an opportunity for more zazen.

We took the opportunity to drive down the mountain to the Home Depot Garden Shop today. This was our first trip down into town since last fall, and was very windy. We enjoyed the trip, and gots lots of stuff we've been needing for the garden (although we held off on getting veggie plants for our new raised beds -- it's still too cold at night for them).

While down in town, we went to the Petco and bought two baby Budgies to go with Pete and Gladys. One is an amethyst color, and one multi-hued blue, so we are calling them Blue and Violet. We now have them in a smaller cage set up against the big cage of Pete and Gladys, so that they all can get to know each other in the comfort of their individual safe spaces.

Gladys (15) has stayed aloof on her highest perch, since she's the elder, but 1-year old Pete got right in their face across the double bars, first checking them out and then welcoming them, and then proceeding with the guided tour of his cage, showing them all his toys and food and demonstrating the tricks that he could do. One of his most daring is to hit the button on a hanging sound card, which then says in Parakeet-English: "I love you!" He only does it a few times a day normally, but when he was trying to show off for the two new kids, he kept doing it for about half a dozen times, and of course they were quite amazed ("Look - he talks to the gods!"), and quickly joined in the play, although they're young and a bit doofy, slipping around the bars and so forth. Anyway, we'll let them continue socializing for a week or two, then let the kids into the big cage as full-fledged members with posting privileges.

:anjali:
LisaMann

Post by LisaMann »

Looks like Bob is bird people like me! (I have a Quaker)

I put a message on Facebook looking for some who understands what "clear the table in the MySQL" means, hopefully someone in my fan base will be a computer whiz.
LisaMann

Post by LisaMann »

That was fast... look for an email from someone named Yuetsu, Essie.
LuzdelaLuna

Post by LuzdelaLuna »

We got a response to Gregory's initial post. So I responded with another question. Gregory also had a problem accessing the public_html folder...he kept getting an "access denied" message. If we can get access to the public_html folder, it is a simple task to clear the cache.

My post on the support forum won't show until the moderator approves it...sheesh!

Rockin' pic Lisa!!!

blog
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Rockin' pic Lisa!!!
If you thank that is something, you should hear her version of At Last on her website:

http://www.lisamannmusic.com/Music/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think Etta would find fault it.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

tiltbillings wrote:
Rockin' pic Lisa!!!
If you thank that is something, you should hear her version of At Last on her website:

http://www.lisamannmusic.com/Music/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think Etta would find fault it.
Not bad, not bad at all...
Though I enjoyed her live youtube video version even better....

Lisa M: At Last (live)

:thumbsup:

BTW, Joe just told me that he advised Greg to ask our server host to restore the closest backup version of our forum that they have prior to the initial troublemaking e-mails being sent out. Kind of a "travel back in time to before the mistake was made" approach. We lose some posts made recently but such is the nature of impermanence anyway...

Concerning caged birds, i know none personally, but my son Andy has been really getting a kick out of these video feathered ones recently....

Cockatoo Charlie chases the Dog

Cocoa & Lucky Hanging Out

:hug:
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009