Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
DNS
Site Admin

Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Post by DNS »

Due to the great success here, :thanks: everyone, we have launched a new forum to be affiliated with this one, which will be for all the Mahayana traditions. Of course, all of us can post on both forums regardless of your tradition.

In keeping with the Dhamma Wheel brand name, we have used the Sanskrit spelling, so the new forum is:

Dharma Wheel

and has the following domain address:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bookmark it, but if you don't bookmark it, don't forget to put the extension .net

Certain things are not yet implemented, such as the avatars being on the left side, the post title of the latest post on the board index, and more smilies, but DharmaWheel is still accessible for registering, posting, and participating.
Ben

Re: Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Post by Ben »

Bhavatu Sabba Mangalum!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
fijiNut

Post by fijiNut »

May our Dharma brothers and sisters realize their Boddhisatva aspirations this very lifetime!

Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu!

kind regards,
fijinut
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

May our Dharma brothers and sisters realize their Boddhisatva aspirations this very lifetime!
And become arahants.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Good work, guys!!!

:twothumbsup:

tiltbillings wrote:
And become arahants.
C'mon, you know we've passed that stage long ago! :tongue:

_/|\_
_/|\_
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Passed that stage? Of course that is why there is a Mahayana forum. :thinking:
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

tiltbillings wrote:Passed that stage? Of course that is why there is a Mahayana forum. :thinking:
Or perhaps it should be "Megayana", eh? :jumping:

Thanks anyway!

PS Just trying to :stirthepot: or live up to the reputation! Sorry - time to :toilet: !
_/|\_
floating_abu

Post by floating_abu »

tiltbillings wrote:Passed that stage? Of course that is why there is a Mahayana forum. :thinking:
Don't see why it has to be separate myself :hug:
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

floating_abu wrote:
I feel the same way! But being neighbours or living under the same roof, either way is fine.

_/|\_
_/|\_
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Dan74 wrote:
floating_abu wrote:
I feel the same way! But being neighbours or living under the same roof, either way is fine.

_/|\_
what would be the point of Dhamma wheel if it was like the rest of the forums? I think there are enough multi-traditional groups around to allow for a specific Theravada forum to exist. if you want to be a member of a multi-traditional forum be a member there, if you want to join a specific focus group then be a member there.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Ngawang Drolma.

Post by Ngawang Drolma. »

This is really great! Thanks a lot! :heart:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

The creation of this new forum is an offering from the Dhamma Wheel forum to all our friends on the bodhisattva path.

It is our intention that this site will give bodhisattvas (and up-and-coming bodhisattva aspirants!) a friendly environment in which to discuss their path, and to share their experiences and learnings on the road to Buddhahood... regardless of which of the many Buddhist traditions they are aligned to.

:buddha1:

:namaste:

P.S. The forums at Dharma Wheel have now been restructured to bring them into greater alignment with the structure here.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Tex

Post by Tex »

I'm sure many Mahayanists will greatly appreciate the new resource. May Dharma Wheel grow and prosper as quickly as Dhamma Wheel has.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
Zack

Post by Zack »

I hope our Mahayana friends find their new forum as appealing as I have found this one,

Well-done.
I am of nature to decay, I have not gone beyond decay.
I am of the nature to be diseased, I have not gone beyond disease.
I am of the nature to die, I have not done beyond death.
All that is mine, dear and delightful, will change and vanish.
I am the owner of my kamma, heir to my kamma, born of my kamma, related to
my kamma, abide supported by my kamma. Whatever kamma I shall do,
whether good or evil, of that I shall be the heir.
Thus we should frequently recollect.
- Upajjhatthana Sutta, Anguttara Nikaya v.57
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings everyone,

Ngawang (also known as Ngawang Drolma at E-Sangha, and just Drolma here at Dhamma Wheel, Buddhist Lounge, Buddha Chat, Buddha Forum etc.) has decided to come on board at Dharma Wheel (yes, the Mahayana one) as an administrator.

She is an experienced member of various discussion forums and even had the initiative to set up her own forum, Buddhist Lounge (http://www.buddhistlounge.com/forum.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) at one point in time whilst Buddha Chat was out of commission.

I greatly admire her level-headed, dedicated and compassionate attitude and know that she'll play a great leading role in helping to establish Dharma Wheel as an excellent discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism.

Please join me in congratulating Ngawang Drolma on her appointment either here or at http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:twothumbsup:

:namaste:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."