Hi everyone, and hold the chants/prayers, please. Surgery has been pontponed due to a cold that became asthmatic bronchitus and now pneumonia. The doctor who nixed the operation has me on medication, but won't see me again until July 6th (he is on vacation next week). In the meantime, i will see my primary care doctor next week to check my condition. Anyway, the operation won't occur until
after the 6th. The cardiolist who diagnosed all this wanted the bypass done within 2 weeks. It will be at least 4 as it is going now.
My mom used to say, "If it isn't one thing, it's another!" Sure seems true to me lately.
Sattva, I know this sounds like a setback but I feel better that you are waiting until after your bronchitis and pneumonia. You are under medical supervision during this period and of course you have the support and well-wishes of the far-flung Dhamma community which I hope brings you no small measure of comfort during this, understandably, very stressful time. If, or when, times get bleak - remember to recollect the qualities of the Triple Gem. May the Triple Gem give you comfort.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725Compassionate Hands Foundation
(Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief