Abuse of personal message system

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Ben

Abuse of personal message system

Post by Ben »

Dear members

If anyone sends you unsolicited spam or sends you anything via the pm system that make you feel uncomfortable - please do not hesitate to contact somone from the admin/mod team immediately.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Ytrog

Re: Abuse of personal message system

Post by Ytrog »

Does this happen a lot? :o
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Ytrog wrote:Does this happen a lot? :o
I'm not sure. But if our members don't know that content of personal messages come under the terms of service then they are unlikely to come forward and report abuses. Something happened on the weekend which reminded me of the need to inform our members that spam or offensive material being sent to via the personal message system is in breach of the terms of service and should be reported so that we can investigate and act to protect the welfare of our members and DW as an online community.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

That explains it then :)
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
andre9999

Post by andre9999 »

Why doesn't anyone ever send me offensive PMs? Aren't I important enough to harass?
Ben

Post by Ben »

andre9999 wrote:Why doesn't anyone ever send me offensive PMs? Aren't I important enough to harass?
You're far too intimidating. I can tell from your avatar!

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ben wrote:
andre9999 wrote:Why doesn't anyone ever send me offensive PMs? Aren't I important enough to harass?
You're far too intimidating. I can tell from your avatar!
It is from the movie, THE ATTACK OF THE PEZ DISPENSERS.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723