Publication of volume of Dhamma Poetry

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Ben

Publication of volume of Dhamma Poetry

Post by Ben »

Dear friends,

I wish to announce the publication of a volume of Dhamma Poetry by my good friend and co-practitioner, Mike Heald.
"The Moving World" is Mike's third volume of poetry and follows Body Flame (1999) and Focusing Saturn (2004).
9781921888069_THEMOVINGWORLD.png
9781921888069_THEMOVINGWORLD.png (22.84 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
Robert Gray calls The Moving World ‘a remarkable and original book’ while Tim Park calls it ‘hugely ambitious and admirably modest’. In his third collection of poetry Michael Heald turns away from the imaginative world to explore that of meditative contemplation. Departing from traditional poetic composition, Heald draws on the practice of Vipassana which takes bodily sensations (vedana) as the primary object of meditation.
‘This book seems to me a daring and triumphant project. I hope many people will be strongly drawn to it, as I was.’ —Robert Gray

‘The quiet mystery of these poems will be an invitation to Vipassana. Anyone accepting that invitation will surely one day exclaim: so this is what the poet meant!’ — Tim Parks
[/quote][/quote]

http://www.fremantlepress.com.au/books/newreleases/1250" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Congratulations Mike on the publication of your third volume of poetry. Its good to see witness the fruition of your efforts, despite the deliterious effect of my company!
With metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
mheald

Re: Publication of volume of Dhamma Poetry

Post by mheald »

Thanks so much Ben. I do hope that my book will be of interest to people, and I would welcome any discussion.
best wishes,
Mike
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Mike

No problems Mike.
Do you have a sample poem that you would like to share here so that we can discuss?
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

Ben

Post by Ben »

Dear members

Please join the discussion of Mike's poem "Presence" from The Moving World in the Personal Experience forum: http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 90#p140790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kind regards

Ben

- Sutta Nipata 3.725