slow webpages

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
rowyourboat

slow webpages

Post by rowyourboat »

Hello

I find that I frequently have trouble with Dhammawheel being quite slow (that is compared to other sites). Any remedy apart from the below?
:computerproblem:

:anjali:

with metta

Matheesha
With Metta

Karuna
Mudita
& Upekkha
Ben

Re: slow webpages

Post by Ben »

Greetings Matheesha,
Are you sure it is Dhamma Wheel that is being slow?
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Hi, matheesha,
:computerproblem: slows it down even more ... perhaps we should look for a better solution :tongue:
Ben's question is a good one. If DW is always slower than most other sites, try working out what the slow ones have in common. It could be that they are all US based, for instance, and the link from the US to the UK is slow. If DW is slower than other Bulletin Boards, maybe look at your DW preferences - e.g. whether your browser is trying to reload a year's worth of posts every time you log on.
If DW is sometimes slower than most other sites, try working out the worst periods - it could come down to peak times for your local server or, again, cross-Atlantic traffic.
I doubt that it is DW, because I don't find it slow or see any significant variation in its speed.

Good luck,
Kim
octathlon

Post by octathlon »

I experience DW having periods of time where it loads slowly and even times out on me, but the rest of the time when it's working OK it loads just as fast as anything else.
David2

Post by David2 »

In my opinion, DW is generally not slow.
But: The DW-search is very slow. Takes something like 5-10 seconds to search for something.
This is why I use Google site-specific search instead most of the time. ("site:www.dhammawheel.com ..."; I use a browser extension so I do not have to type this every time).
Takes about a second and the results are not worse in my opinion.
David2

Post by David2 »

BTW:
Average Load Time for Dhammawheel.com
Fast (1.126 Seconds), 64% of sites are slower.
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/dhammawheel.com#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
;)
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I find the "regular service" in terms of response times is good.

There are a few more downtime/slow periods than we might like, but I think "regular service" is pretty good.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
rowyourboat

Post by rowyourboat »

Thanks everyone- I have just decided to 'let be' and 'let go' :jumping:

:anjali:
With Metta

Karuna
Mudita
& Upekkha