Hello friends

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hello friends

Postby adosa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:12 pm

After riding my bicycle through Thailand and Laos in December and January it seemed all the great advice had left the internet But here you all are!!

Thank you for the great site. Hope you have room for one more traveler.

adosa :smile:
"To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas" - Dhammapada 183
adosa

Re: Hello friends

Postby Cittasanto » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi
Welcome to Dhammawheel, where abouts did you cycle, in the two countries?
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby floating_abu » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 pm

Welcome back adosa :)
floating_abu

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:14 am

Greetings and welcome to Dhamma Wheel, adosa!

:anjali:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby SeerObserver » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:37 am

Welcome, adosa.
SeerObserver

Postby adosa » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Manapa wrote:Hi
Welcome to Dhammawheel, where abouts did you cycle, in the two countries?

Since the airport in Bangkok was shutdown when my flight was scheduled to arrive, I had the good fortune to be re-routed to Chiang Mai.

From Chiang Mai I headed north through Chiang Dao, Thaton, to Mae Sai, then south to Chiang Khong. From there I took the boat to Pak Beng, Laos then rode north through Muang Beng then to Udomxai. From there it was on to Luang Prabang, Kasi, Vientienne. After crossing the Friendship bridge I rode back up the Thai side of the Mekong to Loei, then on through Dan Sai, Nakon Thai, Uttaradit, Phrae, Lampang and finally back to Chiang Mai.

Great trip, beautiful people. The only real challenges were riding through the hungry dogs, early in the morning, and avoid the tour buses going MACH II.

Thanks again for the welcome

adosa
"To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas" - Dhammapada 183
adosa

Postby Cittasanto » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi
Thanks, sounds like a wonderful trip!
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Return to Introductions