Dhamma Wheel Impermanence :-)

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
cooran

Dhamma Wheel Impermanence :-)

Post by cooran »

Hello all,

I hope I get this post finished before Dhamma Wheel goes down again.... :shrug:

Just wanted to say I discovered a gap in my life when I could log on and kept getting an error message.

So quickly has it become part of my daily routine, to log on and read the latest ....

Gave me time to reflect on Anicca and Attachment :smile:

With good wishes that the worst is over ...

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
retrofuturist

Re: Dhamma Wheel Impermanence :-)

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Chris,

Yes... I know the feeling :jumping:

It seems like it was just a hosting/server issue... a useful test in the future is to see if David's other sites like http://www.thedhamma.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.dhammawiki.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are working. If they're not working either, it's likely to be a hosting/server issue rather than something wrong with the Dhamma Wheel software/database.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Down again... up again... :thinking:

Rising.... fallling.... :meditate:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Fede

Post by Fede »

Is this a lesson in Impermanent permanence, or permanent impermanence.....? :stirthepot: :cookoo: :coffee:

:namaste:
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

retrofuturist wrote: It seems like it was just a hosting/server issue... a useful test in the future is to see if David's other sites like http://www.thedhamma.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.dhammawiki.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are working. If they're not working either, it's likely to be a hosting/server issue rather than something wrong with the Dhamma Wheel software/database.
Yes, exactly. This is a good way to test if it is the server / web hosting company or if it something wrong with Dhamma Wheel. As long as you see the other sites down, then you know it is just a server issue and should be up shortly.
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Another proof of the superiority of Zen (and Mahayana) over Theravada - when ZFI goes down we get mysterious multiple error messages, and when Dhamma Wheel goes down, all we get is the "server not found"!

I rest my case. ;)

PS Good to see it back online!
_/|\_
Ben

Post by Ben »

Dan74 wrote:Another proof of the superiority of Zen (and Mahayana) over Theravada - when ZFI goes down we get mysterious multiple error messages, and when Dhamma Wheel goes down, all we get is the "server not found"!

I rest my case. ;)

PS Good to see it back online!
Hi Dan

Well, that indicates to me that our server was in the attainment of samapatti nirodha. Whereas sending out multiple error messages is akin to dementia!
A joke, of course!
Good to see you back with us!
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Dan74 wrote: "server not found"!
aka, "self" not found -- anatta.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

TheDhamma wrote:
Dan74 wrote: "server not found"!
aka, "self" not found -- anatta.

:rofl: :clap:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

OK, so we have:

"Theravada enlightenment" - "Server not found." Nothing working, nothing happening. Cessation.

:thumbsup:

<<you asked for it, guys! :guns: >>

_/|\_

On an afterthought these jokes are perhaps best not told anymore - too much division in the world already for this to be funny probably... So :group: !

PS Although on trying to edit the message I got this:

Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table './thedhamm_forum/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]