Kundalini experiences on a Goenka retreat

Discussion of Satipatthana bhavanā and Vipassana bhavana.

Re: Kundalini experiences on a Goenka retreat

Postby hoshin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:10 pm

I don't understand why we talk about chakra, kundalini, though those experiences have been felt during a Vipassana retreat. I think those should have been understood in the way of vipassana. There is no chakra in vipassana, no kundalini. But moments of heat, movement, vibrations, etc can be experimented. When it is so, it should be noticed AS IT IS, and not gathered in a concept like chakra or kundalini experience...

When we follow a method, we should follow its instructions precisely, and not interpret an experience by using concepts from other methods. Otherwise, it's like climbing a mountain by taking one path, then quickly go down to take another path, then go down again... Doing like this will not lead us to reach the goal...

With metta

Hoshin

Postby cooran » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Well said! :clap:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Greetings,

Indeed.

:goodpost:

Satipatthana is the frame of reference... in the context of Goenka-meditation, mindfulness of vedana specifically.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby PeterB » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:27 am

hoshin wrote:I don't understand why we talk about chakra, kundalini, though those experiences have been felt during a Vipassana retreat. I think those should have been understood in the way of vipassana. There is no chakra in vipassana, no kundalini. But moments of heat, movement, vibrations, etc can be experimented. When it is so, it should be noticed AS IT IS, and not gathered in a concept like chakra or kundalini experience...

When we follow a method, we should follow its instructions precisely, and not interpret an experience by using concepts from other methods. Otherwise, it's like climbing a mountain by taking one path, then quickly go down to take another path, then go down again... Doing like this will not lead us to reach the goal...

With metta

Hoshin

Sadhu ! Sadhu ! Sadhu !

:anjali:
PeterB

Previous

Return to Insight Meditation