Prayers for SATTVA

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.

Re: Prayers for SATTVA

Postby sattva » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:36 am

Modus.Ponens wrote:Hello sattva.

Did you get my PM?

Metta.

i checked my inbox and i don't see anything from you MP :shrug:
sattva

Postby retrofuturist » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 am

Greetings Sattva,
sattva wrote:Really, it just is what it is. We do what we can under difficult situations and try not to push away or embrace, try not to give up or to fight at all costs. It is always the middle ground, isn't it?

:sage:

May you be protected by the Dhamma.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby sattva » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:30 pm

:sage:

May you be protected by the Dhamma.

Metta,
Retro. :smile:

Thanks, Retro.

Went to the heart surgeon's today. After discussing my concerns and his concerns, we set a date for Sept 28th for the surgery. I was told it is possible for it to be changed by a day or so at the last minute if an emergency with somone else occurs; and of course, i have to be as well as i am now for the surgery to take place.

The doctor's biggest fear is that i will end up permanently on dialysis. My biggest fear is that i could end up permanently on a respirator and he mentioned that i have to be prepared for risks. Of course, he meant that there is more chance of me dying with my health issues. We had discussed that previously, but we both know i will probably die of a heart attack or stroke soon without the surgery.

Actually. I am surprised he is willing to perform the operation, but he knows I have only the option of trying to postpone death awhile longer or aceepting death sooner, but he has been very adamant about letting it be my decision based on all factors, what i decide to do. I think he would have been just fine had i decided not to get the operation. I really like this doctor and i have heard that he is so good that he could work anywhere in the country.

I am going to miss my niece's wedding. I will either still be in the hospital or just getting home (if all goes well), but that saves me from having to go out and hunt for an outfit to wear lol. Some might say, jokingly, a fate worse than death!!! I wasn't looking forward to shopping. I had already looked once and hadn't found anything and i wasn't relishing the thought of braving the stores again. Plus, i just can't take long hours of merrymaking lol.

There you have it. I will confirm the date as it gets closer.
:group: :anjali:
sattva

Postby Aloka » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Sending you lots of good wishes dear Sattva and hoping all goes well.

with metta,

Aloka :hug:
Aloka

Postby bodom » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:43 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family.

:heart:

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby cooran » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Holding you in my heart with metta :group:

Chris :hug:
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby BubbaBuddhist » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Hang tough Sattva.

M4
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?
BubbaBuddhist

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:45 pm

Much metta

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Thinking of you Louise with lots of metta.

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Greetings Sattva,

sattva wrote:I really like this doctor and i have heard that he is so good that he could work anywhere in the country.

That is a blessing.

sattva wrote:I am going to miss my niece's wedding. I will either still be in the hospital or just getting home (if all goes well), but that saves me from having to go out and hunt for an outfit to wear lol. Some might say, jokingly, a fate worse than death!!! I wasn't looking forward to shopping. I had already looked once and hadn't found anything and i wasn't relishing the thought of braving the stores again. Plus, i just can't take long hours of merrymaking lol.

In this new-fangled age, some weddings are actually broadcast on the Internet for the benefit of those who cannot be in attendance. Whilst unlikely, it may be worth enquiring about, if you're keen to see the wedding but avoid the merrymaking.

Be sure to keep what Dhamma you have learnt in your heart.

Metta,
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby sattva » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:00 am

Wow, what kind words and thoughts everyone. :heart: Thank you....
sattva

Postby mikenz66 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:32 am

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Mike
mikenz66

Postby jonno » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Dearest Louise or LB ( Lil Buddha)as I call you, my love and prayers are with you as always. I will get my sangha to pray for you on 28th. Love Jonno aka BB
jonno

Postby m0rl0ck » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Much metta to you sattva :heart:

May you be well and happy :anjali:
"When you meditate, don't send your mind outside. Don't fasten onto any knowledge at all. Whatever knowledge you've gained from books or teachers, don't bring it in to complicate things. Cut away all preoccupations, and then as you meditate let all your knowledge come from what's going on in the mind. When the mind is quiet, you'll know it for yourself. But you have to keep meditating a lot. When the time comes for things to develop, they'll develop on their own. Whatever you know, have it come from your own mind.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai ... eleft.html
m0rl0ck

Postby sattva » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks Mike, BB, and m0rl0ck :anjali: :heart:
sattva

Postby Tex » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:29 pm

All the best to you and your family, sattve.

:group:
"The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement."-- Ajahn Chah, Living Dhamma

"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi
Tex

Postby sattva » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Thanks Tex

Cancelled Again:
Some of you may remeber that i have had a problem with my foot and have worn a boot on it since May. I have an ulcer on the bottom of it which won't heal. It was infected at one point and i was on antibiotics for it. Last week my foot was more sore again and the physical therapist who changes the dressing twice a week said it looked red again. She took a culture of it and i found out today that it is infected, again. I let the heart surgeon's office know and they said the operation would have to be postponed. I haven't heard what the wound care doctor is going to put me on, yet. She probably hasn't seen the results. So, there it is...another postponement. This is getting to be tedious and frustrating.
sattva

Postby Ben » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Hang in there, Louise. We're thinking of you.
with Metta

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Greetings Louise,

That sucks as a reason for needing a postponement.

All the best.

Metta,

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby octathlon » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:00 am

Oh no. May you have the patience and equanimity you need during this time.
octathlon

PreviousNext

Return to Shrine Room