Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports: The Last Heart Attack

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

A powerful CNN special exploring Bill Clinton’s decision to become vegan after discovering the work of Dean Ornish and Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr.
In this hour-long CNN documentary, Sanjay Gupta investigates whether diet and the latest diagnostic tests are enough to prevent every heart attack. During the medical journey of discovery, Dr. Gupta talks to former President Clinton, cutting edge doctors and puts his own heart under the microscope as he offers practical advice and hard science to shows how we could have...The Last Heart Attack.
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
cooran

Re: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports: The Last Heart Attack

Post by cooran »

Thanks Jhana4 - just have to find the hour to watch it - but looking forward to when I can!

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Within

Re: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports: The Last Heart Attack

Post by Within »

Yeah I actually saw this story and found it to be quite interesting. I think it is amazing that Clinton was able to change his habits so dramatically in order to have good cardiovascular health. Switching from a burger and fry person to a strict vegan diet as a serious challenge. I applaud him for being able to do it.

My father has had a heart attack in the last 5 years and I am very worried about his health. He has not been able to change his eating habits even though it was strongly urged by his Doc. We are getting ready to go on a 3 week trip to Europe. I want to make sure we have full coverage for medical insurance. Has anyone had any experience with HCC Medical Insurance? I want to make sure we can get good care in case of an emergency with my Father.