New sub forum - Shrine Room

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
retrofuturist

New sub forum - Shrine Room

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Dhamma Wheel now has its very own Shrine Room!

Shrine Room
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewforum.php?f=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The intention of this new sub-forum is to provide a place where we can post pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring us inspiration, and that we wish to share with others.

There are enough things in the modern world that funtion as distractions from the path... it seemed worthwhile to create something that could collectively inspire and encourage us to strive to follow the way of the elders.

Please share your inspirations with us in the Shrine Room so that we may be inspired too.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
nathan

Re: New sub forum - Shrine Room

Post by nathan »

Hi Retro;

Cool. This will be fun when I get time to try out my little Nikon in Thailand. :buddha1: :woohoo: :buddha2:

Let me know what kinda pic's would be good to post and what would be a good size. btw, where can I put them online so that I can link them here? I've never tried that before since I only recently picked up the camera and really haven't had much time to fool around with it.
:toast:

metta & upekkha
:anjali:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Nathan,
nathan wrote:Let me know what kinda pic's would be good to post
That's up to you.... whatever inspires you and may inspire others.
nathan wrote:and what would be a good size.
Preferably no wider than the screen so as to not distort the way the topic is laid out... but that width differs depending on your screen resolution and the size of the sidebar, if you have one - so, there's no hard'n'fast figure to give.
nathan wrote:btw, where can I put them online so that I can link them here?
I've not really tried either, but it would be good if someone could post their ideas as you're not the first person to ask.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
pink_trike

Post by pink_trike »

nathan wrote: btw, where can I put them online so that I can link them here?
http://www.flickr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
nathan

Post by nathan »

pink_trike wrote:
nathan wrote: btw, where can I put them online so that I can link them here?
http://www.flickr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks pink_trike. Bookmarked for future reference. Much appreciated.
:anjali:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Retro,

Great idea, great sub-forum!

:woohoo:

:buddha1:
thornbush

Post by thornbush »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Dhamma Wheel now has its very own Shrine Room!

Shrine Room
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewforum.php?f=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The intention of this new sub-forum is to provide a place where we can post pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring us inspiration, and that we wish to share with others.

There are enough things in the modern world that funtion as distractions from the path... it seemed worthwhile to create something that could collectively inspire and encourage us to strive to follow the way of the elders.

Please share your inspirations with us in the Shrine Room so that we may be inspired too.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Dear Retro,

Just curious... :rolleye:
So is this Shrine Room limited only for postings from the Theravada side or can other Traditions post theirs as well as I noticed this line:
Many thanks :heart:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Thornbush,

I'm not sure, and I'd be open to views from others on this.

In the meantime, feel free to use your own discretion.

Would seeing a Mahayana Buddha statue inspire me to practice? Yes, it would.

Would seeing a photo of a Mahayana bhikshu or bhikshuni inspire me to practice? Yes, it would.

Would seeing artwork of a pantheon of bodhisattvas hovering on aerial lotus platforms inspire me? Not so much.

Metta,