Facilitating a Dhamma Server workshop

Discussion of Satipatthana bhavanā and Vipassana bhavana.
wizi
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Facilitating a Dhamma Server workshop

Postby wizi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi, i have been asked by my local center to facilitate a dhamma server workshop. The whole aim is to try and increase the pool of dhamma servers for the meditation retreats. We face a shortage of male servers and kitchen workers.

I have up to November to come up with some kinda workplan for facilitating the dhamma server workshop.

Any form of guidance or material from experienced servers would be most grateful! :anjali:
All beings like yourself are responsible for their own actions. Suffering or happiness is created through one's relationship to experience, not by experience itself. Although I wish only the best for you, I know that your happiness or unhappiness depends on your actions, not on my wishes for you.
May you not be caught in reactivity.

Ben
Site Admin
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1001

Re: Facilitating a Dhamma Server workshop

Postby Ben » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Greetimgs Wizi

I am surprised your assistant teacher or local VMC Trust is not assisting you with this. Whether you go in the world - there is always difficulty in getting enough servers for courses.

Go to the VRI website www.vri.dhamma.org and fire off an email requesting guidance and assistance. Also contact the main centres in the United States Dhamma Dhara (MA), the UK: Dhamma Dip (Hereford) and Australia (Dhamma Bhumi) via www.dhamma.org and request information and guidance in support of your project. Dhamma Bhumi holds server workshops every year - or couple of years.
Let me know how you go.
kind regards

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia
e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com

wizi
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Postby wizi » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 am

Hi Ben, actually it's not a VMC where i am at the moment (east africa), it's a non-center and we conduct gypsy courses mostly. The last AT suggested that we look at holding a dhamma server workshop to encourage old and potentially new servers to come together and look at ways to deal with recurring logistical issues in these gypsy courses.

I am in contact with the AT and am given some assistance by old students here as well as in the UK on this subject, but wanted to hear anybody's experience in encouraging dhamma servers to serve regularly.

:anjali:
All beings like yourself are responsible for their own actions. Suffering or happiness is created through one's relationship to experience, not by experience itself. Although I wish only the best for you, I know that your happiness or unhappiness depends on your actions, not on my wishes for you.
May you not be caught in reactivity.

Ben
Site Admin
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1001

Postby Ben » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:05 am

Hi wizi
I'll contact you via pm.
kind regards

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia
e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com

Return to “Insight Meditation”