Attitude is (nearly) everything

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Kim OHara

Attitude is (nearly) everything

Post by Kim OHara »

appicchato

Re: Attitude is (nearly) everything

Post by appicchato »

+1

An excellent documentary ('Waste Land') is about people in Brazil residing at the world's largest landfill living similarly to these Cambodians...there are many people in many countries living the same way...sad but true...
jackson

Post by jackson »

Wow...
I find it so easy to fall into habits of thinking that most people live a similar lifestyle to mine, with at least basic comfort but then I see photos like those and am amazed of the conditions people survive in, I'm not sure I could bear it myself. Thank you for sharing Kim, I think it's important to know what goes on in the world so eye-openers are always appreciated.
:anjali:
Jackson
"The heart of the path is quite easy. There’s no need to explain anything at length. Let go of love and hate and let things be. That’s all that I do in my own practice." - Ajahn Chah
manas

Post by manas »

jackson wrote:Wow...
I find it so easy to fall into habits of thinking that most people live a similar lifestyle to mine, with at least basic comfort but then I see photos like those and am amazed of the conditions people survive in, I'm not sure I could bear it myself. Thank you for sharing Kim, I think it's important to know what goes on in the world so eye-openers are always appreciated.
Jackson
You would be able to bear it, jackson, because the will to live is very strong. Human beings can endure quite alot. What would be more difficult would be to practice deep meditation under those conditions. Although I do perceive a lot of metta, in the very endearing way that, all they really have is each other - and it shows, in the way they can smile through their desperate circumstances.

I wonder how much it would cost to build basic shelters for 500 people. Or, to provide some arable land which they could use to grow food on.

To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
alan

Post by alan »

I've seen even worse conditions in The Philippines. Didn't take any photos.
Many people around the world live in conditions that are barely imaginable to those who have not witnessed it, and there does not appear to be any solution.
alan

Post by alan »

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

alan wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 43369.html
Here is someone who is trying.
:bow:
:namaste:
Kim