Retrofuturist has stepped down as administrator

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Ben

Re: Retrofuturist has stepped down as administrator

Post by Ben »

No problem Dave.
I just didn't understand your remarks.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

daverupa wrote:Sorry to clutter the thread, in any case.

:heart:
A funny side comment is not a problem; it is just unclear as to what it meant.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

It's quite obscure, involving Star Wars minutiae; it's utterly idle and wasteful, and I apologize again.
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
Ben

Post by Ben »

daverupa wrote:I apologize again.
No need, Dave!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

Vepacitta

Post by Vepacitta »

Coming in late here - but all the best to Retro!

V.
I'm your friendly, neighbourhood Asura
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

daverupa wrote:It's quite obscure, involving Star Wars minutiae; it's utterly idle and wasteful, and I apologize again.
Got ya, Dave! :jedi:

I've long harboured a suspicion that most posters here are on the wrong side of forty or worse!

We've got to go easy on them, dinosaurs. :hug:
_/|\_
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Dan74 wrote:
daverupa wrote:It's quite obscure, involving Star Wars minutiae; it's utterly idle and wasteful, and I apologize again.
Got ya, Dave! :jedi:

I've long harboured a suspicion that most posters here are on the wrong side of forty or worse!

We've got to go easy on them, dinosaurs. :hug:
I own all six of the movies, though I do not read any of the books. Seeing the first Star Wars on it first showing in Cinerama on May of 1977 was one of best movie going experiences I have ever had, but it does amaze me the minutiae that can be gotten from those films. Dave, no need to apologize, but explaining a not gotten joke is not always a bad thing.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
xinuflux

Post by xinuflux »

I'm a frequent reader of this board with infrequently anything to add to the high quality posts but I'll take an exception here to say thanks Retro (and Ben). Metta. :clap:
Ben

Post by Ben »

You are welcome Xinuflux!
And you are most welcome to contribute as little or as much as you feel you want to do so.
with Metta,

Ben

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Anagarika

Post by Anagarika »

I'm a fairly recent member here, and join the others with expression of gratitude and well wishes for Retro.

Seeing his recent post, I am glad that he is well, and that it appears that there are no concerns for health, etc, that may have caused him to pass on the gavel. Glad that his comments will continue along with the rest of us....

It's interesting that all of us here, whether long time members, or recent members like myself, develop an affinity and bond-of-sorts with members of this e-Sangha, even though we know each other's personalities only through an e-forum.

Retro, for all of your insight and valuable contributions to my and other's understanding of Dhamma, Sadhu, Sadhu, Sadhu.
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

I found Retro very inspirational to my practice. Thanks for fighting the good fight, Retro. I wish you well
Fede

Post by Fede »

Retro has been more instrumental as a guide and mentor to me, than I think he realises.His gentle poking humour, common sense and overall rock-solid stability, have created a place in my heart for him.
A man of few words, but always well chosen and artfully ministered.

With every respect to Ben (and he knows all too well how heartfelt that is) the place isn't the same without the guy with the Mona Lisa smile.
Every time I hear 'The Pet Shop boys' I think of him, half a globe away.

Hope to see you around often, Paul. :namaste:
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Seconded
Spiny O'Norman

Post by Spiny O'Norman »

Ben wrote:As of yesterday, Retro requested an indefinite leave of absence from Dhamma Wheel.
That's a shame, but I wish him well. :smile:

Spiny
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Wish you well retro :anjali:

EDIT
Lol, those Star Wars references :rofl:
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.