Happy Birthday Pink!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
pink_trike

Re: Happy Birthday Pink!

Post by pink_trike »

"Trike" in my username refers to the three jewels and the three vehicles (pink refers to the union of red and blue which represents the union of wisdom and compassion - actually lavender, but too long to type all the time). Not into biker culture - I like that the energy footprint is very low, they're easy to find parking for, and in the past I've used riding a motorcycle as Chod practice - looking danger and impermanence spang in the eye with every ride (though I'm pretty much through with testing speed limits). :smile:

This is the one that catches my eye - Honda 1800 Spyder
Attachments
mtGL1800Spyder.jpg
mtGL1800Spyder.jpg (62.03 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Okay, cool. I was wrong about the meaning of trike in your username, but you actually like trikes anyway.

They look great. I also like the low carbon footprint of motorcycles and trikes. But now some of the hybrid cars can get as good of a gas mileage as our motorcycles! But it is still more fun to ride a bike over a car.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Happy belated, hope you had a great one.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
pink_trike

Post by pink_trike »

Thanks, Tex. Thanks, again everyone. :thanks:

I had a great birthday. The older I get, the better they are. I was just sitting here thinking about birth - since that's what birthdays point at...and concluded that birth and life are just phenomenal, in every sense of the word. What an opportunity our lives give us.
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.