A forum for members who wish to develop a deeper understanding of the Pali Canon and associated Commentaries, which for discussion purposes are both treated as authoritative.
Moderator: Mahavihara moderator
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:19 am
- Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
I'd like to know what was the name of king Suddhodana's kingdom and who was his successor.
- Posts: 899
- Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:38 pm
- Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 6
- Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg
I'm not sure if he had a successor - but all Sakya clan (all this small country) was destroyed by Kosalans. The land was annexed. This happened during the life of the Buddha.
Some info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakya
Return to “Classical Theravāda”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests