Tentative Hello...

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Tentative Hello...

Postby Beautiful Breath » Sun May 03, 2009 10:29 am

Hi all...

I have just joined this forum having had a dreadful experience at the hands of eSangha. Banned for merely asking a question about the Dalai Lama - not an inflammatory one I hasten to add. :cookoo:
I hope this forum will give me the opportunity to exercise some religious freedom and help me with my practice.

Metta... :namaste:
Beautiful Breath

Re: Tentative Hello...

Postby retrofuturist » Sun May 03, 2009 10:42 am

Greetings and welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:hello:

Also, in case you didn't know, we now have a Mahayana/Vajrayana version of Dhamma Wheel at...

Dharma Wheel
http://www.dharmawheel.net/

... so feel free to ask your HHDL-related questions there!

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Sun May 03, 2009 11:43 am

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel BBreath!
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby zavk » Sun May 03, 2009 11:52 am

Hello Beautiful Breath, may you find this forum useful.

Metta,
zavk
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Postby Cittasanto » Sun May 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Fede » Sun May 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Nice to meet you! Welcome!!
:namaste:
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/
Fede

Postby Journey » Sun May 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Beautiful Breath wrote:Hi all...

I have just joined this forum having had a dreadful experience at the hands of eSangha. Banned for merely asking a question about the Dalai Lama - not an inflammatory one I hasten to add. :cookoo:
I hope this forum will give me the opportunity to exercise some religious freedom and help me with my practice.

Metta... :namaste:

Welcome here.
Beautiful Breath if you are member myotai with the same avatar, you have not been banned at eSangha.
Your status there shows active. :smile:
Journey

Postby Beautiful Breath » Sun May 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Welcome here.
Beautiful Breath if you are member myotai with the same avatar, you have not been banned at eSangha.
Your status there shows active. :smile:

Yep that was me! I am too new here to get into trouble so I wont bore you with the details but suffice to say I have a record of the farce that has ended up with me being well and truly bound and gagged - despite what others can see on there about my status; I cannot read my PM's, nor replies to posts I have made/subscribed to.

I was having (what I thought) was a private discussion with one of the moderators via PM's and as she clearly didn't like my questions suspended me. I'd understand if I had kicked off but it was only a question for goodness sake :shrug:

Anyway, it got uncomfortable and was not what I expected from a 'Buddhist' forum so I am happy to have nothing more to do with them. All in all quite a sinister experience really, left my skin crawling a little!

ps. Just to put anyone reading this minds at rest I am NOT in the habit of creating problems at all...I don't think we have enough time for all that nonesense. So thanks for the welcomes and here's to a long and fruitful membership :hello:
Beautiful Breath

Postby genkaku » Sun May 03, 2009 5:46 pm

Welcome BB. Hope you find something useful here.
genkaku

Postby BlackBird » Mon May 04, 2009 5:00 am

Welcome my friend.

Things are peaceful here, hope it is to your liking.

Metta
Jack
"And so, because this Teaching is so different from what Westerners are accustomed to, they will try to adapt the Teaching to their own framework. What they need to learn to do is not to adapt the Teaching to their own point of view but to adapt their own point of view to the Teaching. This is called saddhá, or faith, and it means giving oneself to the Teaching even if the Teaching is contrary to one’s own preconceived notions of the way things are."- Ven Bodhesako

Nanavira Thera's teachings - An existential approach to the Dhamma | Ven. Bodhesako's essay on anicca
BlackBird

Return to Introductions