Finally found you!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Renlaenderin

Finally found you!

Post by Renlaenderin »

Hello everybody, i am extremely pleased to be signed up to this site and able to communicate with you all.

I am very new to Buddhism, and I am very keen to learn as much as possible. For me Buddhism is something i stumbled upon while going about my daily life, and only very recently have i descovered that the Theravada school is something that is almost identical in theory to my own ideas born out of merely thinking about what i consider to be logical.

I have felt for a long time that what i considered to be an intelligent and compassionate way forward was not represented by any established group. I could not have been more wrong! There are many many thingsi wish to learn, and this website i hope will help me to connect to the sangha as it were. I thought this would be one of the more difficult areas of my education, connecting to a community, it seems it may be easier than I thought. Even though I am an English native speaker living in Germany, this website could provide me with the connection i need to go forward.

At present, I can honestly say, there is nothing about the Theravada school that i am not interested in learning, and I am thrilled to have found so many useful and interesting resources and other Theravadins.

It is somewhat difficult to communicate without personal pronouns, as a matter of English :) So i assume for the sake of the community and forum it is normal to talk in these terms. And once again, fondest greetings to you all!
Fede

Re: Finally found you!

Post by Fede »

Welcome, Ren, and I hope you'll find everything of use to you here.

(Forgive the abbreviation of your name...but buddies do that, anyway.....right?) :hello:
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Renlaenderin!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
reflection

Post by reflection »

Hi and welcome! :hello:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello Renlaenderin,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel! Look forward to reading your posts on the forums. :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Alobha

Post by Alobha »

Welcome! :)
Ben

Post by Ben »

Greetings Ren and welcome to Dhamma Wheel.
Please feel free to speak in plain English and there is no need to drop personal pronouns.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:
Renlaenderin

Post by Renlaenderin »

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome! You can call me Ren, a lot of people do. I expect i will be spending a lot of time here from now on so when i break away from visiting the family in England you should expect to see me pouring over your thoughts regularly. The last time i was this excited about studying and learning anything was a very very long time ago.

Its beautiful to feel so welcome :)
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Ren,

Welcome.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Zom

Post by Zom »

Hello :anjali:
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Welcome :)
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.