Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hello

Postby flyingOx » Mon May 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Hello all. I am new to everything. I have studied meditation on my own without much discipline in the past from which I had achieved fairly good results. I avoided Buddhism for a long time for several reasons: One, I thought that it was going to be much more religious than it actually is, two, I was still trapped in my anger mode, and Buddha's teachings made me even more angry when I read them mostly because I was condemning myself and avoiding the truth, and three, I thought that I had achieved all that there was on my own. Now that I have started reading Wings to Awakening, I realise that I was wrong on all three accounts. Since reading Wings to Awakening, I have found a solid state of peace. I am no longer angry, frustrated, or confused. I am full of happiness. I am no longer sad or depressed. I can concentrate like never before, and most of all, I treat everyone as a friend. I no longer have enemies. I do have many questions being so new. I thank you ahead of time for your patience and kindness. I can feel your warmth already. Peace and happiness to all.

The flyingOx, no longer bound and mired in the clay.
One is encouraged to seek the truth, but be warned if you ever find it, you will be treated as blasphemous.
flyingOx

Re: Hello

Postby Ngawang Drolma. » Mon May 04, 2009 5:30 pm

Ngawang Drolma.

Postby Cittasanto » Mon May 04, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby retrofuturist » Mon May 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Greetings Flying Ox,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby AlaskanDhamma » Mon May 04, 2009 9:07 pm

:anjali:

Welcome Flying Ox,

And good luck with your search.

Metta,
AD
"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace." -Buddha
AlaskanDhamma

Postby Ben » Mon May 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi FlyingOx
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.
I hope you find here among us some small measure of inspiration and friendly companionship.
Metta

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby notself » Mon May 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Welcome, FlyingOx,

I look forward to reading your comments and questions.

Metta,
notself :hello:
Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he is indeed the noblest victor who conquers himself. ---Dhp 103
notself

Postby zavk » Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 am

Welcome.
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Return to Introductions