"The Complete Book of Buddha's Lists -- Explained"

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
dhamma_newb

"The Complete Book of Buddha's Lists -- Explained"

Post by dhamma_newb »

Hi,

Does anyone have "The Complete Book of Buddha's Lists -- Explained" by Dr. David N. Snyder in a Kindle friendly format? I can only find the PDF version online and if I had $246.46 + $3.99 shipping to buy a copy I would gladly do so :broke: Any help would be much appreciated. :smile:

Metta,
Don
The watched mind brings happiness.
Dhp 36

I am larger and better than I thought. I did not know I held so much goodness.
Walt Whitman
DNS
Site Admin

Re: "The Complete Book of Buddha's Lists -- Explained"

Post by DNS »

Hi Don,

I believe the google books format works with kindle. I don't have a kindle yet, so don't know for sure. Here is a link to the google books format:

http://books.google.com/books?id=69dNpJ ... &q&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for your interest in my book.

Here is the link to my website about the book:

http://www.thedhamma.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In case the google books link does not work, go to my website and then click on the google books link.

Don't purchase it for $246 online! Those are book buyers who bought some books from ebay and other sources when the book sold-out. Then they try to re-sell it for exorbitant prices, knowing that it is a 'rare' book no longer in print (supply and demand).

The back cover of my book clearly states, "For free distribution, Not for resale".
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

David N. Snyder wrote: http://www.thedhamma.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:thumbsup:

Hi David,

Dumb question, I know, but why not re-print?...a (former) #1 seems worthy...
dhamma_newb

Post by dhamma_newb »

Hi David,

Thank you for your response and the links. When I open the link I only see an option to download the book as a PDF. It's okay. That is the only thing about the Kindle that I don't like - you can't read almost any PDF on it. I'm not sure how others do it but I've tried to convert PDF files into a mobi file but it doesn't work for me. If anyone knows how to do this (without the formatting becoming a jumbled mess) and could show me I would appreciate it.

I know that booksellers jack up the prices when they find rare out-of print books. It seems like people who are interested in religion end up wanting books that fall into that category.

Btw, thank you for making this forum possible. It is one of the best resources for beginners like me who are interested in Theravada. I have learned so much just from my short amount of time on the forum.

With Metta,
Don
The watched mind brings happiness.
Dhp 36

I am larger and better than I thought. I did not know I held so much goodness.
Walt Whitman
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

appicchato wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote: http://www.thedhamma.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:thumbsup:

Hi David,

Dumb question, I know, but why not re-print?...a (former) #1 seems worthy...
I second this wholeheartedly! I, for one, am a stickler of hard copies, especially for a reference work like this.

Thank you so much David and friends for spreading the Dhamma! Who can say how many beings have found and will find the Buddha's Dhamma and eventually become part of the Noble Sangha thanks to a spark kindled here or there? :candle:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
GusVanSpent

Post by GusVanSpent »

Wow David, I'm sorry if this is out of place, but thank you so much for offering this book for free, you put so much work into it just for the benefit of others, very inspiring. I'm going to read this one as soon as possible.