Prayers for SATTVA

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
sattva

Re: Prayers for SATTVA

Post by sattva »

Thanks Ben for the information!

The eye surgery went well. I can already tell the vision on this left eye has improved. I am not sure how much it will in total, just glad for any improvement.
with metta,
Louise
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
Ben

Post by Ben »

Great news, Louise!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Good news, Louise.

:thumbsup:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
bodom

Post by bodom »

So happy too hear that Louise!

:heart:

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
amtross

Post by amtross »

May you be well.
May you be happy.
May you be peaceful.
May you be free. :meditate:
sattva

Post by sattva »

I got my picc line in this morning and it went well. Better than the first time actually because they didn't attempt it in the arm they had problems with before. Tomorrow I start the actual IV treatments. They go until sometime in March. This has really got to work because they are running out of options on what to do with me.

After I had the picc line put in, I went to Wound Care. What a surprise to actually see the faces that went with voices. No one looked at all like i thought, but how wonderful just to see!!!

Thanks again for all the support! I can't even begin to tell anyone how difficult the last few years have been. There are times i wished i would just die and not have to deal with it anymore. Of course, there are other times i took it more in stride, but the ongoing ups and downs can take their toll even though you may not care to admit it. Kindnesses, especially when you know they are heart-felt, can feel like the warmth and brightness of the sun after a long cold winter. You just want to bake/bask in it, to never feel the cold again. But of course, that's not possible, maybe not even desireable.

Anyway, for those who have shown me such kindness, I offer my deepest thanks.
Last edited by sattva on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cooran

Post by cooran »

Not as much as we thank you for being here and sharing with us. :group: So many things have come to mind from your posts which would not have, without your generous sharing. :hug:

May you be healthy and strong, and may you be happy of heart and mind.

with mahametta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
sattva

Post by sattva »

Thanks Chris! :hug:

Sometimes i feel like a yo-yo ball. Wasn't it only about a week or so ago that they told me that i was too high risk to do the hyperbaric chamber? Today at the Wound Care Center the doctor brought up the subject again. Seems she has been consulting with some of my other doctors and those that have talked have decided, I should try it. They still want to talk to my pulmonary doctor. I actually had stopped by his office (which is in the same building) on my way to the other appointment because when i have had my IV treatments the last 2 days, my oxygen saturation level is down. It is running between 88-91. I personally think the fluid needs drained out of the right pleural cavity again. I am getting very short of breath. He isn't in on Fridays and so she told me to keep track of it this weekend and let them know on Monday how it is doing.

Anyway next Tuesday they will take tcoms (which they did before many months ago) to see if it looks like I would do well getting the hyperbaric treatment. If we do the hyperbaric treatment, they will use some kind of heart monitering device on me during it. Apparently, they will try to work it around my IV treatments, but i will be spending several hours each day at the hospital. I actually need to cut this short because i have to be back in less than 2 hours for the IV treatment for today.

Knowing the past tells me that all this may change tomorrow !!! I'll keep you all posted
:anjali:
Renlaenderin

Post by Renlaenderin »

I'm sorry I only just found this thread. You have been through a lot, which should show you you are strong, capable, balanced and able to endure what lays ahead. My thoughts are with you, sending a lot of Metta your way. It sounds like you have a lot of skilled experts and a lot of faithful friends doing thier best to support you.

I wish you all the best.
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

May you be well Sattva :console:
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
sattva

Post by sattva »

It has been almost a year since i was suppose to receive heart surgery. There have been issues with my kidneys, lungs, and foot. Seems we have been going around in circles trying to get me "fixed" enough for the surgery. Last week, I called and made an appointment with the heart surgeon again.

I have a tentative date for the quadruple bypass surgery, May 1st. There are still all kinds of health complications, but the heart surgeon says that if i am willing to take the risks involved that he will perform it. The bone in my foot isn't healed and my pleural cavity keeps filling up with fluid, but i can either keep going on like this or try the operation. I have about a 70 percent chance of surviving the operation. Everyone seems to think that i will be much better after surgery, but the surgeon said not to expect vast improvemnt, probably because of all the other issues. I may be spending a month in the hospital and in rehab.
Ben

Post by Ben »

I am wishing you all the best Sattva.
I know this last year has been a harrowing one for you.
You have been constantly in my thoughts.
with metta,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
befriend

Post by befriend »

wishing you good health.
with karuna, befriend
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

I realy hope you get well, sattva.

Wishing you the best. :heart:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hope it goes well.