Nakba Day

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Nakba Day

Postby MMK23 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:47 pm

Friends,

As Buddhists I believe we are called to listen to and try to understand the suffering of others. The 15th of May every year is Nakba Day, where millions of people worldwide will reflect on the continuing suffering of the Palestinian people. I urge you all to take this day to reflect on the suffering of all living beings, and especially the Palestinian people who suffer under conditions that most us will be privileged to never even dream of.

With love,

MMK23
MMK23

Re: Nakba Day

Postby clw_uk » Thu May 07, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks for this post :smile:

Metta
“ Your mind is likewise blocked. But the right road awaits you still. Cast out your doubts, your fears and your desires, let go of grief and of hope as well, for where these rule , then the mind is their subject." Boetius
clw_uk

Re: Nakba Day

Postby pink_trike » Thu May 07, 2009 6:12 pm

MMK23 wrote:Friends,

As Buddhists I believe we are called to listen to and try to understand the suffering of others. The 15th of May every year is Nakba Day, where millions of people worldwide will reflect on the continuing suffering of the Palestinian people. I urge you all to take this day to reflect on the suffering of all living beings, and especially the Palestinian people who suffer under conditions that most us will be privileged to never even dream of.

With love,

MMK23

I would encourage everyone to also include in their reflections the suffering of the Israeli people. The suffering of one group can't be separated from the suffering of the other group.
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
pink_trike

Return to Lounge