Stream-Entry/ordination/cancer

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Anagarika

Re: Stream-Entry/ordination/cancer

Post by Anagarika »

Dear Mikael:

I wish you the best outcome with your treatments and I know that much progress has been made in the treatment of cancer. I trust your doctors are taking very good care of you.

As for ordination, I might suggest Wat Sri Boen Ruang in northern Thailand, for consideration of Samanera ordination, and if you wish to proceed further, for Bhikkhu ordination. You may find information about the Temple at: http://www.monkordination.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Abbot at WSBR is Dr. Apisit, a young Bhikkhu with a Ph.D. who is a wonderful person and a very engaged community leader through WSBR. The Wat itself is a very vibrant community center in northern Thailand. At WSBR is Phra Fred and Phra Greg, a British Bhikkhu and New Zealander, respectively. Both of these BHikkhus are very dedicated monks and teachers, as well as being just very good people. They help make the experience at WSBR very welcoming and vibrant. To note, in the area (Chiang Mai) are several excellent world class hospitals, in the event you would need any follow up care.

Many from the US and Europe have come to WSBR to visit, to take vipassana teachings, and further, to stay for a longer period for samanera ordination. Others, Thai and Western alike, stay on and progress toward Bhikkhu ordination. I recommend at least contacting Phra Fred or Phra Greg regarding your wishes. Phra Greg's email and contact info is at the site mentioned above.

With Metta,

Michael
Last edited by Anagarika on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermitwin

Post by hermitwin »

If you are interested to ordain in South East Asia, I do have a few suggestions.
In Germany, I think the centre started by Ayya Khema is called Buddhahaus.
hermitwin

Post by hermitwin »

http://www.buddha-haus.de/buddha_haus_engl.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermitwin

Post by hermitwin »

http://www.buddha-haus.de/metta_vihara_engl.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is the forest monastery started by Ayya Khema.
M.G.A.

Post by M.G.A. »

Greta ideas! I will consider/look into all of them. This is, as you said, indeed an excellent remainder of impermanence, and I also feel that I've really progressed in my understanding of the Dhamma due to this situation. So it can actually, strange as it may sound, be called a gift.

Anyhow, next Monday the first cycle of treatments are planned to be finished. Will be great!

Take care for now my dear friends and strive on hard, before it is too late!
The customs and rituals of people with kilesas are numerous beyond description, unlike the ways of Dhamma which are always constant and unalterable.
- Ãcariya Maha Boowa Ñāṇasampanno