Yogurt

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

Re: Yogurt

Postby mirco » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:11 am

Cittasanto wrote:actually can soya or rice drinks be turned into yogurt for vegans?

Hi,

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_yogurt

Have a look at the 'External Links' in the wiki-article.

:-)
I get what I give
mirco

Postby Ben » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:18 am

Cittasanto wrote:actually can soya or rice drinks be turned into yogurt for vegans?

It is heretical to even think such a thought!
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:33 am

:D

This thread is funny! One of the more humorous ones lately. I know it was not the intention, but I found the posts funny and entertaining. Anyway, nothing to contribute except for this comment; carry on.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Cittasanto » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 am

Ben wrote:

It is heretical to even think such a thought!

or vegan Bacon, and vegetarian fish fingers.
I suppose it is more of a thickened goop, but when one is accommodating one should accommodate :)

but I do have to say rice drink is very nice
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby RMSmith » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Cittasanto wrote:or vegan Bacon

My dog enjoys the fake bacon strip treats. I often think vegan bacon looks and smells the same. I'll pass, thank you. :thinking:

Rick
RMSmith

Postby marc108 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:27 pm

hi friend,

i just wanted to add that i would be cautious with the recommendation to use unpasteurized milk and let the naturally occurring bacteria do the fermentation... i would say this puts you at severe risk for contamination, especially if you using conventionally raised dairy. what you can do is either buy a starter culture or use a scoop of store bought yogurt. if you need recomendations for a starter or for a store yogurt to use, just let me know. i also can give you recipes to make vegan/vegetarian versions of any meat product you like, re: bacon, etc.

:smile:
"It's easy for us to connect with what's wrong with us... and not so easy to feel into, or to allow us, to connect with what's right and what's good in us."
marc108

Postby Cittasanto » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:23 pm

marc108 wrote:hi friend,

i just wanted to add that i would be cautious with the recommendation to use unpasteurized milk and let the naturally occurring bacteria do the fermentation... i would say this puts you at severe risk for contamination, especially if you using conventionally raised dairy. what you can do is either buy a starter culture or use a scoop of store bought yogurt. if you need recomendations for a starter or for a store yogurt to use, just let me know. i also can give you recipes to make vegan/vegetarian versions of any meat product you like, re: bacon, etc.

:smile:

I am not using unpasturised milk, I could get some but it would probbably be more trouble than it was worth :-(
but sure send me any recipe you have for vegetarian stuff, I enjoy trying new things.
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Previous

Return to Wellness, Diet & Fitness