Hi Spiny, everyone,
"But in DO "death" is defined in straightforward physical terms - so I'm not sure I follow your reasoning here."
How can you say that "death" is described in straightforward physical terms?
1. It is clearly said to be the "death" of "a being" (satta).
2. A being is defined in terms of craving.
3. An Arahant has no craving - he is therefore, not a being.
4. So, for an Arahant, the link "death" has already ceased, since there
is no longer "a being" to die.
5. The body will, of course, at some point, stop functioning and will