Tusita heaven

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism

Tusita heaven

Postby steve19800 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 am

HEllo all,

Gautama Buddha, before his birth on earth was a Bodhisatta in Tusita. The same thing goes for Metteya Bodhisatta. Tusita is one of the Kamadhatu, located between Yāma and the Nirmāṇarati heaven. They will be born on earth to attain Buddhahood. Question is why they are not the resident of higher heaven i.e. above Kamadhatu such as Brahma realm? Anyone has any thought? Thanks
steve19800

Re: Tusita heaven

Postby santa100 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:12 pm

That might be the case for the wordlings living on the Earth of the Milky Way galaxy. For other residents living on other Earths of different galaxies, or different universes, the Buddhas might live on other heavens. So, their version of Nikayas might be slightly different than ours though they must all agree on the core teachings like 4NT, 8NP, 12DO, 3 marks, etc... :tongue:
santa100

Postby Bhikkhu Pesala » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:29 pm

steve19800 wrote: Anyone has any thought? Thanks
I think you need to come back down to earth, and focus on practising mindfulness of the body, which might lead to gaining some insights during this all too brief remaining period of the Buddha's dispensation.

Juggling with speculative views will lead only to frustration and disappointment. :juggling:
AIM WebsitePāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Bhikkhu Pesala

Postby steve19800 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:
steve19800 wrote: Anyone has any thought? Thanks
I think you need to come back down to earth, and focus on practising mindfulness of the body, which might lead to gaining some insights during this all too brief remaining period of the Buddha's dispensation.

Juggling with speculative views will lead only to frustration and disappointment. :juggling:

Thank you Bhikkhu Pesala, sure we need to practice but just like everyone else I'm just wondering anything that comes to mind.
I think it could possibly be, because, it is said that most Buddha attains Buddhahood at human realm therefore there is something to be tamed i.e. desire, etc which belong to Kammadhatu, Arupa dhatu or heaven above are all not belong to the desire realm.
steve19800

Return to General Theravāda discussion