Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Dhammabodhi

Hello

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Hello everyone,

I'm 27 years old from India, right now pursuing higher studies in France. I was brought up in city of Gaya, so I was introduced to Buddhist thought quite early in life due to the many visits to Bodh Gaya. However, I began to understand the profoundness of these teachings only in the last few years when I was searching for something that would satisfy me intellectually. I'm mainly interested in the Anapanasati and Vipassana meditation techniques. I have as yet no teachers. I hope I can be in touch with the many highly experienced people here and learn from them.

Gratefully,
Dhammabodhi.
"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka
Cittasanto

Re: Hello

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi and Welcome :anjali:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Rui Sousa

Post by Rui Sousa »

Welcome,

:hello:
With Metta
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Thank you, Manapa and Rui Sousa! :smile:
Guy

Post by Guy »

Welcome :group:

With Metta

Guy
Four types of letting go:

1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things

- Ajahn Brahm
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

Gaya? Cool. :thumbsup: I love Bodh Gaya.

Sometimes we miss the sights of our home town. I live in Las Vegas and have hardly been to any shows and don't like gambling.

Glad you found the Dhamma.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Welcome Dhammabodhi!
Anapanasati and Vipassana are two of my main practices!
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Thanks and bows to all for a such a warm welcome...
@TheDhamma: Thank you. Bodh Gaya used to be a very serene, calm place, when I was a child, but in my opinion has now become a rather commercialized and touristic place, devoid of tranquility. However, the place where the Buddha was supposed to have meditated for 6 years, the mountain cave of Dungeshwari, is still largely untouched by civilization and its corruptions. There is a tibetan monastery and temple there, some monks and nuns from thailand, and a lot of langurs(monkeys) :) . I hope it remains that way for some time to come.

About Dhamma, I'm still learning, but until now it has been just books, internet, and experimentation on my own. Having no access to a qualified teacher is a bit dissapointing, since I have so many questions and doubts! I sincerely hope that I'll be able to learn something of value in this community!

@Ben: Thank you. If you don't mind, may I contact you in private to learn more from u about the prominent members of this community and about the nuts and bolts of these meditation practices?

Humbly and gratefully,
Dhammabodhi
Ben

Post by Ben »

Sure, no problem

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Guy

Post by Guy »

Dhammabodhi wrote: About Dhamma, I'm still learning, but until now it has been just books, internet, and experimentation on my own.
We are both on the same page then here. Until now I have been a bit of a "closet buddhist" but through past attempts to tread the path alone I can see how difficult it is without the sangha/community element, especially when the community that I DO have is uninterested in the dhamma.

With Metta,

Guy
Four types of letting go:

1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things

- Ajahn Brahm
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings and welcome, Dhammabodhi!

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Thank you retrofuturist! In another thread I read you were not well last year, I hope everything is ok now and I wish you good health!

Dear Guy, the path is indeed very difficult. Having the support of experienced and like-minded people is of course very helpful, but they can only show the way, and in the end we have to walk the path alone. Together, let's cultivate Patience, Perseverance and Diligence! :group:

With Kataññutā(Gratefulness),
Dhammabodhi