Awake at the Wheel: Mindful Driving

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
dhamma_newb

Awake at the Wheel: Mindful Driving

Post by dhamma_newb »

Awake at the Wheel: Mindful Driving with Michele McDonald
Product Description:

Turn off auto-pilot! Join renowned Vipassana teacher Michele McDonald on a journey that will transform distracted, frustrated driving into the alert peace and stillness of mindfulness meditation.

McDonald guides you through exercises that attune your 'driving mind' to:
- Notice and transform 'auto-pilot' into awareness
- Awaken to physical sensations and experience
- Free ourselves from the grip of emotion and repetitive thoughts
- Develop kindness and compassion

This remarkable 2-disc set includes introductions to mindfulness meditation specific to driving, and nearly two hours of exercises that can be learned in the car and used anywhere to enliven the mind, awake the senses, and enjoy the journey again.
2 Disc Set
Digital Download
The watched mind brings happiness.
Dhp 36

I am larger and better than I thought. I did not know I held so much goodness.
Walt Whitman
Buckwheat

Re: Awake at the Wheel: Mindful Driving

Post by Buckwheat »

I'm all for mindful driving, but why would I need to pay $15 to learn how?
Sotthī hontu nirantaraṃ - May you forever be well.
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I wonder if there's a course on mindful beach cruiser riding
"I don't envision a single thing that, when developed & cultivated, leads to such great benefit as the mind. The mind, when developed & cultivated, leads to great benefit."

"I don't envision a single thing that, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about such suffering & stress as the mind. The mind, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about suffering & stress."
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

I would certainly hope everyone was awake at the wheel :tongue:
could not resist sorry.

I hope there are not too many people about driving on autopilot, and are actually paying attention to what they are doing though.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill