Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hello everyone!

Postby Snufkin » Sat May 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Just thought I'd say Hello and introduce myself on here.

I have been interested in buddhism for quite a long time, both my parents although they aren't practising are very influenced by buddhist teachings. I never really had any interested until my life kind of hit a slump and my interest started off with reading a few books about zen and I even tried Zazen unsuccessfully for a few days. My interest kind of dissipated and my life continued as before.

Now, a good few months later I stumbled across some videos by Yuttadhammo, which piqued my interest again, and have been meditating daily for almost two weeks now. This forum looks great, so I decided to join. I plan to stick around this time.

Apologies for the life story.
Snufkin

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby bodom » Sat May 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Welcome Snufkin!

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby Cittasanto » Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Welcome Aboard!
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby cooran » Sat May 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Welcome Snufkin!
:group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby David N. Snyder » Sat May 12, 2012 8:22 pm

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Khalil Bodhi » Sat May 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Welcome and no apologies necessary! :group:
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

Uposatha Observance Club:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=148031379279&v=info
Kiva-Theravada Buddhists:http://www.kiva.org/team/theravada_buddhists
Dana on the Interwebs:
http://greatergood.com
http://freerice.com
Khalil Bodhi

Postby retrofuturist » Sun May 13, 2012 12:23 am

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Introductions