spell check

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
jcsuperstar

spell check

Post by jcsuperstar »

can we get one of these?
the other board had the best one i've ever come across....
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
retrofuturist

Re: spell check

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings JC,

It seems as if thedhamma has added one now.

Is it working for you?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings JC,

It seems as if thedhamma has added one now.

Is it working for you?

Metta,
where is it? i dont see one....
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings JC,

Type up a post and type something in wrong. Is it underlined in red? If so, what happens when you right-click the word?

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Fede

Post by Fede »

meine dusint werk. no red underline, no spell check.

And once we submit something to drafts - how do we then post it onto forum? Copy and paste?
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings JC,

Type up a post and type something in wrong. Is it underlined in red? If so, what happens when you right-click the word?

Metta,
i got nothing :?

mispelllerd
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

so, is it just me that cant see it?
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Interesting... it would seem so. It's working fine on my computer. Can anyone else comment on whether the spell check is operational on their posts?

Test it by typing a nonsense word and seeing if it is underlined in red (like when you type something wrong in MS Word).

Metta,
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Mispellling wurds maks yuo louk stoopid.

Damdifino how it works.

The Google toolbar has a nifty spell-checker that works quite nicely for this sort of thing.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Thanks tilt... that makes perfect sense. What I thought was the inbuilt spelling checker was just Google Chrome demonstrating what a superior web browser it is. I've been using it since the day venerable Appicchato put me onto it.

Now that we're clear on the issue we'll find out what spell check options exist. In the meantime, move to Google Chrome because it's cool. :ugeek:

Metta,
Ben

Post by Ben »

May I suggest you try using Firefox?
Internet Explorer, which I usually use as my default browser, is playing up. I didn't get spell check function using it, however, switching to Firefox I notice I'm being corrected! Give it a go!
Cheers

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..