Greetings from Southern Germany!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Caldorian

Greetings from Southern Germany!

Postby Caldorian » Mon May 21, 2012 11:54 am

Hi there!

I had been to the the Dhamma Wheel forums several times before, mostly to read the interesting discussions here, but this time I finally decided to register.

I've been practicing the Dhamma for approximately five years now, so one could say that I'm not completely new to Buddhism. (Then again, time is hardly a good measure, is it? :D) Before that time, I had dabbled in Zen but it was not until I had read "What the Buddha Taught" by Ven. W. Rahula that I began to take my practice more seriously and to look for Theravada groups in my region. This way, I found Ayya Khema's "Buddha-Haus" project, which I still feel the strongest connection to. (In fact, I'm looking forward to a 10-day retreat with Ven. Dhammadipa in the Buddha-Haus in June.) In those five years, I have been a member of a private meditation group. In addition, I've been practicing with a local Zen group since the beginning of this year. So, I guess one might say that I found back to Zen, at least partly, although I guess that my Zazen does not really differ from my Vipassana... ;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to becoming a member (even if only by lurking) in this community. :namaste:

Paul Davy
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Southern Germany!

Postby Paul Davy » Mon May 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Greetings Caldorian,

Thanks for the intro and welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

Alobha

Postby Alobha » Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Welcome Caldorian!

I think about visiting the Buddha-Haus next year, too. Good to hear that the place is fine and i hope you will enjoy the retreat in June! :smile:

Best wishes,
Alobha

mikenz66

Postby mikenz66 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Welcome!

:hello:

:anjali:

bodom

Postby bodom » Mon May 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Welcome Caldorian!

:anjali:
To study is to know the texts,
To practice is to know your defilements,
To attain the goal is to know and let go.

- Ajahn Lee Dhammadharo

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 pm

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:

polarbear101

Postby polarbear101 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:22 am

Hallo und herzlich wilkommen in Dhamma Wheel! Hoffentlich mein Deutsch ist nicht zu schrecklich. Ich habe nur zwei Semestern in Deutschkurs.

:namaste:
"I don't envision a single thing that, when developed & cultivated, leads to such great benefit as the mind. The mind, when developed & cultivated, leads to great benefit."

"I don't envision a single thing that, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about such suffering & stress as the mind. The mind, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about suffering & stress."

Caldorian

Postby Caldorian » Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :smile:

Alobha wrote:Welcome Caldorian!

I think about visiting the Buddha-Haus next year, too. Good to hear that the place is fine and i hope you will enjoy the retreat in June! :smile:

Best wishes,
Alobha

I don't have much to compare it to but I always enjoy my time there. It is clean, well-organized, has a friendly staff, good courses, and the surroundings are just beautiful. You have to get used to the ubiquitous sound of cow bells, however. (It's a good training for noting in Vipassana: "cow bell, cow bell") ;)

polarbuddha101 wrote:Hallo und herzlich wilkommen in Dhamma Wheel! Hoffentlich mein Deutsch ist nicht zu schrecklich. Ich habe nur zwei Semestern in Deutschkurs.

:namaste:

Danke! Nein, es ist sehr gut! :thumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”