Greetings from Southern Germany!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Caldorian

Greetings from Southern Germany!

Post by Caldorian »

Hi there!

I had been to the the Dhamma Wheel forums several times before, mostly to read the interesting discussions here, but this time I finally decided to register.

I've been practicing the Dhamma for approximately five years now, so one could say that I'm not completely new to Buddhism. (Then again, time is hardly a good measure, is it? :D) Before that time, I had dabbled in Zen but it was not until I had read "What the Buddha Taught" by Ven. W. Rahula that I began to take my practice more seriously and to look for Theravada groups in my region. This way, I found Ayya Khema's "Buddha-Haus" project, which I still feel the strongest connection to. (In fact, I'm looking forward to a 10-day retreat with Ven. Dhammadipa in the Buddha-Haus in June.) In those five years, I have been a member of a private meditation group. In addition, I've been practicing with a local Zen group since the beginning of this year. So, I guess one might say that I found back to Zen, at least partly, although I guess that my Zazen does not really differ from my Vipassana... ;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to becoming a member (even if only by lurking) in this community. :namaste:
retrofuturist

Re: Greetings from Southern Germany!

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Caldorian,

Thanks for the intro and welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Alobha

Post by Alobha »

Welcome Caldorian!

I think about visiting the Buddha-Haus next year, too. Good to hear that the place is fine and i hope you will enjoy the retreat in June! :smile:

Best wishes,
Alobha
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome!

:hello:

:anjali:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Caldorian!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hallo und herzlich wilkommen in Dhamma Wheel! Hoffentlich mein Deutsch ist nicht zu schrecklich. Ich habe nur zwei Semestern in Deutschkurs.

:namaste:
"I don't envision a single thing that, when developed & cultivated, leads to such great benefit as the mind. The mind, when developed & cultivated, leads to great benefit."

"I don't envision a single thing that, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about such suffering & stress as the mind. The mind, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about suffering & stress."
Caldorian

Post by Caldorian »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :smile:
Alobha wrote:Welcome Caldorian!

I think about visiting the Buddha-Haus next year, too. Good to hear that the place is fine and i hope you will enjoy the retreat in June! :smile:

Best wishes,
Alobha
I don't have much to compare it to but I always enjoy my time there. It is clean, well-organized, has a friendly staff, good courses, and the surroundings are just beautiful. You have to get used to the ubiquitous sound of cow bells, however. (It's a good training for noting in Vipassana: "cow bell, cow bell") ;)
polarbuddha101 wrote:Hallo und herzlich wilkommen in Dhamma Wheel! Hoffentlich mein Deutsch ist nicht zu schrecklich. Ich habe nur zwei Semestern in Deutschkurs.

:namaste:
Danke! Nein, es ist sehr gut! :thumbsup: