Another "Moin"

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
acinteyyo

Another "Moin"

Post by acinteyyo »

Moin,

so what can I say... My name is Florian. I'm 23 years old and I live in Neuburg/Germany.
I'm able to read and understand english quite well, but my writing experience, especially with respect to these particular buddhism topics, is rather nothing. So I guess the terminology needed for efficient conversation or discussion does not really exist at the moment.
However I'm going to read the topics and I think thereby I'll learn enough sophisticated vocab so that we could have some helpful conversation some day.
Since I read a book about the 4 noble truths, I decided to read up on it. Well so I came to buddhism - especially to Theravada.
So far so good...kind regards
:namaste:

acinteyya
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
retrofuturist

Re: Another "Moin"

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings acinteyya,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi & Welcom :hello:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Rui Sousa

Post by Rui Sousa »

:hello:

Welcome
With Metta
Jechbi

Post by Jechbi »

Moin moin!
Rain soddens what is kept wrapped up,
But never soddens what is open;
Uncover, then, what is concealed,
Lest it be soddened by the rain.
puthujjana

Post by puthujjana »

Moin & Welcome Florian :hello:

Nice to meet you (again) :smile:
"Once you understand anatta, then the burden of life is gone. You’ll be at peace with the world. When we see beyond self, we no longer cling to happiness and we can truly be happy."
- Ajahn Chah
Rhino

Post by Rhino »

Moin,Moin Florian. :smile:

I know you by name from another (german) forum. Nice to meet you here. :namaste:

To my introduction:
I come from (not so far) nothern germany and I'm aged 46 years. My first contact with buddhism was about 1996. After some years of searching and learning the teachings of the different schools I returned back to the pure teachings of the Buddha. I'm also influenced by the Thai Forest Tradition and the writings of Nanavira Thera.

With best wishes
With best wishes

Only in a vertical view, straight down into the abyss of his own personal existence, is a man capable of apprehending the perilous insecurity of his situation; and only a man who does apprehend this is prepared to listen to the Buddha's Teaching.
Nanavira Thera - Notes on Dhamma
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

Rhino wrote:Moin,Moin Florian. :smile:
I know you by name from another (german) forum. Nice to meet you here. :namaste:
Nice to meet you, too. I think you wrote the url to this forum at the other one, didn't you?
By the way - I left the other one. It was a helpful time there but things have changed, you know...

and :thanks: to all the others who welcomed me
----------------------------
edit: and will welcome me :hello:
Last edited by acinteyyo on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
Rhino

Post by Rhino »

acinteyya wrote: Nice to meet you, too. I think you wrote the url to this forum at the other one, didn't you?
Yes, I did.
acinteyya wrote: By the way - I left the other one.
I thought about it, too. But I'll stay for a while and watch how the things will develop.
acinteyya wrote: It was a helpful time there but things have changed, you know...
Yes, the things will change over and over again. That's what the Buddha taught. :namaste:

With best wishes
With best wishes

Only in a vertical view, straight down into the abyss of his own personal existence, is a man capable of apprehending the perilous insecurity of his situation; and only a man who does apprehend this is prepared to listen to the Buddha's Teaching.
Nanavira Thera - Notes on Dhamma
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Moin

Guten tag!

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Rhino,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
zavk

Post by zavk »

Welcome!
With metta,
zavk
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Moin,

servus, und

Grüß dich,

von Bayern.
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

Annabel wrote:Moin,

servus, und

Grüß dich,

von Bayern.
Servus Annabel! :twothumbsup:
puthujjana

Post by puthujjana »

acinteyya wrote: By the way - I left the other one. It was a helpful time there but things have changed, you know...
Do you mean "Buddhaland"?

I left the forum about a half year ago... there were too many smart-alecks :thinking:

btw.: We have met at StudiVZ some time ago :smile:
"Once you understand anatta, then the burden of life is gone. You’ll be at peace with the world. When we see beyond self, we no longer cling to happiness and we can truly be happy."
- Ajahn Chah