Hello!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hello!

Postby Shanti » Thu May 24, 2012 5:22 am

Hi there. It's great to be here and to meet all of you. I grew up in a very Catholic home for a while with my adopted parents. I studied Buddhism after my nana gave me a book written by His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama. I began to meditate and read a lot of Buddhist texts. My mom is a Buddhist and she's taught me a lot about the dharma. After a lot of study on many world religions, I've found that Buddhism is the best spiritual path for me. It simplifies my life and brings me a lot of peace.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

:namaste:
Shanti

Re: Hello!

Postby Cittasanto » Thu May 24, 2012 7:17 am

Welcome Aboard!
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby cooran » Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 am

Welcome Shanti! :group:

If you are a follower of any of the Mahayana or Tibetan schools, you may also be interested in our sister website Dharmawheel:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby retrofuturist » Thu May 24, 2012 7:51 am

Greetings Shanti,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Shanti » Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 am

cooran wrote:Welcome Shanti! :group:

If you are a follower of any of the Mahayana or Tibetan schools, you may also be interested in our sister website Dharmawheel:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/

with metta
Chris

Thank you for this link! I'm still discovering which school suits me best, so I will definitely give that a look.

Thank you all for the welcome. :)
Shanti

Return to Introductions